Are you looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact in the community where you work and live? Do you want to join a growing company that continues to evolve with people, projects, commitment to clients and creativity? McIntosh Perry is the North American platform for Egis Group, a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm, working side by side with clients with commitment to solving project related challenges, offering creative solutions and collaboration.
Our team's expertise, gained through decades of experience, means clients can rely on us to quickly deliver high-quality and successful projects.
Our core values validate everything we believe in:
Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes - Treat others as they would like to be treated
Make Momma proud - Do the right thing
Every McIntosh has a core - Be a leader
Pass. Shoot. Score. - Becoming excellent together
Did you dot the i’s and cross the t’s? - Personal responsibility
Don’t forget to cut the ribbon - Making a difference
We are looking for new talent to join our collaborative, dedicated and supportive team of professionals and deliver high-quality projects regardless of the project size.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of our Team, you will be working with multi-disciplinary teams on various projects. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience working with designated substances, hazardous materials, abatement, demolition and occupational hygiene.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing building assessments for designated substances and hazardous materials;
- Assist Project Managers with project task (schedules, document and data management, tracking, deadlines etc.);
- Coordinate field work (assessments, field reviews, etc.) with client-designated points of contact;
- Preparing technical proposals and reports detailing findings from assessments and providing recommendations for review by Project Manager;
- Conducting on-site inspections during the removal of hazardous materials or demolition;
- Performing inspections and air testing to support abatement of hazardous building materials;
- Peer review of work before submitting to client;
- Assist with client relationships, marketing and business & client development;
- Maintaining and enhancing the quality control within the team;
- Attend meetings with managers and clients to review projects and assist with estimating project costs and maintaining meeting minutes;
- Communicate with clients and employees;
- Promoting team engagement & collaboration;
- Assist in training and instruction for progressive development of junior staff;
- Assist with accounts receivables and invoicing;
- Other duties as required or needed.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Environmental Technology/Occupational Health & Safety/Construction Technology or Bachelor of Science in Engineering;
- 3-5 years’ related consulting experience performing hazardous materials and occupational hygiene assessments;
- IICRC training in Mold & Water Damage;
- Experience with building science, building construction and /or mechanical systems;
- Possess Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) or P. Eng. designations and in good standing;
- Proficient with Auto CAD design, MS Office Suite, Office 365, Skype for Business;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Bilingual in French will be preferred;
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Ability to work with engineers on multidisciplinary projects;
- Ability to handle pressure and tight deadlines;
- Possess a valid Ontario driver’s license with access to reliable vehicle and insurance;
- Ability to travel within the GTA and other provinces as required;
- Ability to wear PPE (i.e. fit tested respirator, harness, hard hat);
- Ability work outside of core business hours based on client needs.
McIntosh Perry Egis Group is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry Egis Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This role is eligible for a referral bonus in line with the Referral Program. If you have been referred, please provide the employee name at the time of application (Excellent together 'employee name').