At Biomatik, we believe in teamwork and quality performance. We value our employees who have a “can-do attitude” and who are always willing to work hard. Our core mission is to bring our customers the finest research products at highly competitive prices, and we stand behind our products with 100% customer satisfaction. In doing so, our customers, as well as our organization, have benefited. This benefit has resulted in increased competitiveness, growth, and name recognition – the true reward of quality performance. Our long-term strategic focus has enabled us to become a trusted partner to our customers.
We are committed to making a positive impact on life sciences research, drug discovery, and the people we touch. Together, we go the distance to deliver.
Customer Service Representative (CSR)
The Customer Service Representative plays a fundamental role at Biomatik in achieving our customer acquisition and sales growth objectives. The Customer Service Representative supports customers and helps close sales of Biomatik’s full portfolio of products and services, including custom services (gene/peptide/protein/antibody) and catalog products (ELISA kits, antibodies, proteins, and biochemicals). The Customer Service Representative reports to the Technical Sales Team Lead.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Respond to inbound technical sales inquiries promptly (via email/phone).
- Understand and clarify customer requirements, and recommend specific products or services based on the customer's needs as part of the quotation preparation process
- Prepare price quotations, follow up with customers, and close deals.
- Process orders and provide after-sales technical support, including order updates and complaints.
- Act as a technical resource and support the sales and marketing team.
- Work on tasks/projects/campaigns as and when required.
- Ensure customer inquiries are responded to promptly
- Assist with administrative tasks and other misc tasks which may be assigned from time to time
Customer Service Representative Qualifications and Skills:
- Customer Service: providing timely, attentive, upbeat service to a customer, and making sure their needs are met in a manner that reflects positivity on the company
- Communication: strong written and oral speaking skills are necessary for Technical Sales Associates to communicate with customers, peers, and managers.
- Organization: the ability to give order and structure to the work at hand and prioritize accordingly
- Interpersonal skills: good relationship skills to interact with customers, team members, peers, and managers
- Strong analytical and logical skills to complete routines promptly, with minimal supervision.
- The ability to meet and exceed productivity with accuracy (attention to detail).
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Diploma or degree in life sciences, such as cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or pharmaceutical science.
- One to two years of customer service or sales experience is an asset
- Familiarity with MS Office software or Google Sheets / Docs
- CRM / Accounting Software experience is an asset
- Relevant sales experience preferred with a high level of technical and professional expertise
- Must be self-motivated, driven, and demonstrate a high level of energy with a sense of urgency
Working Conditions, Compensation & Benefits:
- Full-time, permanent. Typical working hours are from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Learning & career growth opportunities.
- Competitive annual salary.
- Benefits package: Health Savings Account (HSA), RRSP Matching Program, Fitness Program.
- PTO Days (Vacation / Personal Days Off): 24 Days to Start.
- Performance bonus depending on team/company performance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $44,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you currently able to work in Canada?
- What are your yearly salary expectations?
- If offered a position, how soon would you be able to start?
- Do you have a diploma or degree in life sciences, such as cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or pharmaceutical science?
Work Location: In person