About the culture
Founded in 2018, we are a team of internationally renowned engineers, designers, and operations specialists with academic backgrounds in the areas of simulation, robotics, electronics, game development, and mechanical design. Our products are built from strong foundations in physics & engineering that align with our high standards and commitment to quality. Our distribution reach is over 30 countries and growing.
About the role
HAPLY is looking for a passionate hands-on assembly technician. They will use a variety of methods to fabricate and assemble Haply products and prototypes. The ideal candidate is an experienced maker who thrives in routine tasks while delivering high-quality output. At the end of the contract, this position could become a permanent position.
What you will do
- Fabricate components using basic shop equipment (eg. manual lathe, drill press, dremel), a variety of 3D printers, and manual tools.
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working condition
- Organize and track inventory
- Assemble robots with high-precision transmissions and electronic components
- Set-up, organize, and maintain a small workshop
- Conduct minor office and workshop improvements
- Excellent hands-on skills
- Safety oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Attentive to instructions
- 1 to 3 years minimum of working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read shop drawings
- Basic metrology skills
- Interested in production
What your experience might look like?
- Practical hands-on experience assembling consumer products/electronics
- Experience working in a workshop environment with hand tools and basic shop equipment
- Shop mechanic, watch building, machinist, electronics repair, RC enthusiast.
What will be nice to have
- Experience using and maintaining SLA, SLS, and FDM 3D printers
- Experience using and maintaining a manual lathe
- CEGEP technical degree or equivalent
- Practical hands-on experience with batch production
What HAPLY offers you
- Real opportunities to build a career with us as the business scales
- Freshly cooked wraps for lunch
- Team-building activities and 5@7s
- Passionate environment
- A foot in the door in the haptic and robotics industries
- Work hours flexibility