CGI – Payroll Services Centre (PSC) offers all-in-one cloud-based solution that simplifies Payroll and Human Capital Management. We are proud of our privileged relationships with clients, and their satisfaction rate is very high.
Every day, our members help thousands of customers pay their employees in different industries. In this role, you will contribute to the success of local businesses within a dynamic team, with over 600 professionals and more than 55,000 customers!
We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual. Are you ready to play a key role?
We are ready for you:
- Never stop learning: we offer a complete, ongoing and paid training on Canadian payroll;
- Work-life balance: a flexible weekday schedule.
- Work environment recognized as one of the best in the Canada (Great Place to Work certified);
- Employee Assistance Program, Health and Wellness program, comprehensive insurance coverage, financial assistance for your job-related studies;
- Career development supported by a professional development plan;
- Access to our Share Purchase Plan and Profit Participation Plan as of your first day with us;
- Benefits that fit your needs: Flexible insurance plan, telemedicine, and more!
You have to attend a paid full-time training of three (3) weeks.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
This role is all about helping people and making a positive impact. You deliver the personal touch between the company and clients and act as a trusted advisor. On a typical day, you will:
- Provide telephone support to clients regarding the use of a payroll application and its complementary modules;
- Advise clients on current payroll legislation and regulations;
- Plan and prioritize your work to align with service levels and client expectations;
- Monitor and resolve client files and be able to anticipate their needs;
- Participate in knowledge sharing and teamwork with other sectors;
- Identify and document issues to enhance your expertise.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You will use our payroll solutions to support our clientele online or by phone.
- College diploma in business administration, accounting or any related area or any combination of studies and related work experience or the equivalent;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the payroll industry;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent ability to work both in French and English;
- Knowledge of payroll system (Nethris or EmployerD [an asset]);
- Knowledge of other products such as electronic keypunch and group insurance, etc. (an asset)
- Ahuntsic College Comprendre les principes de la paie and Maîtriser les législations de la paie trainings or National Payroll Institute (NPI) PCP Certification (asset).
Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients.