We are looking for an SAP Solution Architect
for a 6-month contract position with possible extensions
in Calgary, Alberta. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Hybrid schedule, at least 4 days in the office.
8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. It is NOT a remote role.
As the SAP Solution Architect, you will be responsible for developing SAP based solutions design and ensuring all solutions constructed and/or acquired comply with SAP architecture standards and directions. The successful candidate will guide SAP delivery project delivery teams so that their deliverables support the solutions and move towards the desired goals. You will also be responsible for identifying gaps, interdependencies, and opportunities to improve the quality in the desired solution end state.
You will be a key participant focusing on enterprise capabilities that encompass the ERP functions and SAP system. You will demonstrate technical expertise in all SAP areas. You will identify gaps between current and best practices, build strong and trusting relationships, and serve as a thought leader for the application of SAP ERP core modules.
Required Skills and Experience
- Deliver solution architecture services to the IT and SAP ERP functions.
- Architecture, management and integration of SAP S/4 and SaaS solutions.
- SAP S/4 Architecture including skills and experience in data cleansing and migration from ERP to S/4.
- Architecture and management of public and hybrid clouds and on-premises deployments and integration of SAP systems.
- Deconstruct key business problems to identify value areas and structure and implement complex technology solutions based around SAP solutions.
- Roadmap development – work with senior business leaders and Enterprise/Portfolio Architects to identify, elaborate and plan future transformation programs and initiatives. Fit these plans into our corporate transformation roadmap.
- Build and maintain partnerships within the business, earn trust, build credibility and thereby forming strong relationships with the business stakeholders.
- Lead discussions across the organization to optimize/influence decision making, and drive value.
- Demonstrate and promote the organization’s leadership competencies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- SAP-related certifications are considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Information Technology consulting or architect roles.
- Experience working in IT within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Hands on experience and working knowledge in IT Strategy or SAP Solution Architecture development.
- Experience in Business Transformation, SAP ERP.
- Experience in Master Data Management utilizing tools like SAP MDG and data cleansing tools.
- Experience and knowledge of SAP Business Technology Platform services integration services.
- Ability to perform stakeholder engagement and have key stakeholders participate early in project life cycle; recognizes/challenges weak value propositions/business cases; applies "lethal issues" questions to improve performance/reduce risk; identify/mitigate risk to manage ROI.
- Ability to quantify values of technology investments — both financial and non-financial.
- Demonstrated ability to assess emerging technology solutions that deliver business results.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills such as the ability to articulate concepts of new technology solutions for projects.
- Ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to take full advantage of innovative ideas from emerging technologies.
- Understanding of the technology and how it affects the SAP ERP functions; trends associated with the technology; understanding of the value propositions of adopting new technologies.
- Experience using Design Thinking methodologies to generate innovation is an asset.
- Highly effective communicator, confident, passionate, clear, respectfully assertive, and inspiring.
- Displays emotional intelligence, demonstrates self-awareness, remains calm under pressure, expresses confidence in ability to succeed, keeps an optimistic attitude even when things are not going well.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
InSync Systems Inc.
is a privately-owned boutique Canadian Resourcing and Consulting Services Company that works closely with a range of corporate clients across multiple industries to bring them solutions that effectively address their business needs.