Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Location: 36 Ave & 8th St, Nisku, AB
Pay: $17/ hour
About the Role
Are you ready to join an exciting and dynamic team? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as a Warehouse Associate. Reporting to a Warehouse Supervisor you will play a crucial role in our warehouse process.
As a Warehouse Associate I, you will establish and follow best practices and procedures for product receiving, picking, sorting, counting, and shipping in accordance to weekly sales orders, ensuring that all products are handled with care and attention to detail. Reporting to the Warehouse Team Lead and/or Supervisor, you will be expected to maintain a high level of accuracy and efficiency in your work, while also adhering to HelloFresh’s safety and quality standards.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to HelloFresh’s safety policies, wearing personal protective equipment (ppe) and clothing as required, and promptly reporting any workplace hazards to First Aid and Supervisors
- Adhere to all food safety standards in the handling and storage of food products
- Receive and unload incoming shipments of food products, packaging, and supplies, verifying the accuracy and quality of the shipment against the packing slip and invoice or purchase order
- Count and weigh items as per standard operating procedures to verify the information on the shipment documents
- Label, tag, and store items in their designated location(s) in the warehouse according to food safety and inventory procedures
- Conduct inventory movements both physically and digitally as required.
- Conduct regular inventory checks and cycle counts and updated inventory records in the warehouse management system to ensure inventory accuracy and reduce inventory buildup
- Ensure that the First In, First Out (FIFO) and First Expired, First Out (FEFO) method is followed when storing and picking products to maintain product freshness and minimize waste
- Collaborate closely with the Production Management team to establish work priorities, optimize material flow, and promptly report any potential risks that may impact the production schedule; Ensure that the Pick and Pack team has all the necessary food products, packaging materials, and supplies required to perform their duties with maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Create and issue tickets for the daily delivery shorts and non-deliveries. Ensure that tickets are clearly communicated to the correct stakeholders so that they can be fixed
- Identify quality issues with incoming product and work collaboratively with the teams to ensure that only the best products are accepted into our facility
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean, organized and free of hazards at all times
- Prepare ship out documents and ensure the ship out is completed within the time limit
- Learn and use HelloFresh’s warehouse management systems and databases
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Participate in ongoing training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Foster a positive and respectful work environment by maintaining professional communication and behavior with coworkers and promoting a sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Other duties as assigned.
At a minimum, you have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Willing and able to push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs
- Has experience with standing for prolonged periods of time including regular bending, twisting and walking
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year warehouse experience in a food processing, manufacturing or service industry
- Familiar with MS Office and/or Google Apps and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Inventory management and control
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays as required
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy looking consistently for potential food safety or quality deviations.
- Willing and able to work in a refrigerated and freezer environment (-20°C to 4°C)
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Certification is considered an asset
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!