Location: British Columbia - Remote*
*Preference is given to applicants located in or near the communities we serve, which include Powell River, Courtenay, Cumberland, Bowser, Union Bay, Hornby Island, Texada Island, and Bowen Island.
Retail Credit Adjudicator
Be one of the many First Credit Union team members who say, “I love my job” - this resonates in our 5-star rating on Glassdoor and our standing as one of B.C.’s Top Employers. First Credit Union is a financial co-operative with branches in eight communities across the south coast of B.C., focused on the financial, social, and environmental well-being of our members and the communities we serve.
We are seeking a Retail Credit Adjudicatorto play a crucial role in efficiently reviewing and approving lending applications while adhering to internal policies and procedures. In this role, you will serve as the first point of contact for our mortgage broker program, assessing incoming deals for acceptability, referring qualifying applications to appropriate branches, and maintaining a high level of knowledge of First Credit Union products and services. Additionally, you will contribute to process improvement initiatives and provide support to lending staff regarding policy and procedure.
- Provides timely and accurate review and approval of lending applications within their delegated approval limits (DLA), ensuring adherence to internal policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates credit decisions to applicable staff clearly, concisely, and respectfully.
- Understands and adheres to retail lending policies and procedures, and continuously reviews policy updates, including third-party partner lending guidelines.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the mortgage broker program and reviews all incoming deals for acceptability, referring acceptable deals to branches based on the market area.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of First Credit Union products and services.
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives to identify opportunities to gain efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitors quality of business to ensure compliance with current policy and program standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provides support to lending employees regarding policies and procedures.
- Reviews and takes action on assigned reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Minimum of 18 months of experience in retail lending, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of the CCUA Consumer & Residential Mortgage Lending Accreditation (within 24 months of start date).
- Excellent research, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and a willingness to take ownership of tasks.
- Superior knowledge of First Credit Union products and services, as well as strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
- Adherence to the First Credit Union Investment and Lending Policy and Procedural Policies.
- Proven sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member.
- Completion of annual Cusource® Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing, Privacy and Information Security, and Robbery courses.
Why work for us?
- Take advantage of opportunities for career development including continuous training, education support and career planning.
- Embrace our commitment to employee wellness including a commitment to mental health and comprehensive employee and family assistance program.
- Enjoy a competitive compensation package including a generous benefits program.
- Be part of a company that is dedicated to making a meaningful community impact.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,236.00-$63,680.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Work Location: Remote