Office Manager / Administrator / Multi-role
We are excited to announce a unique and dynamic one-year term (approx) opportunity for an Office Manager, which will seamlessly transition into a vital Safety/Human Resources role upon the return of our esteemed Office Administrator from maternity leave. This comprehensive offering also includes a dedicated two-month training period to ensure your success.
As the Office Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of our organization. Your responsibilities will encompass a range of administrative duties as listed below.
Transition into Safety/Human Resources Role: At the conclusion of the one-year term, you will have the exclusive opportunity to step into an expanded role focused on safety and human resources. This role includes the following responsibilities with priority to the administrative duties:
- Ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office.
- Manage reception, including phone inquiries and greeting visitors.
- Prepare reports, memos, and documents using computer applications.
- Handle mail, supplies, and office equipment.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and staff.
- Process accounts payable, receivable, and payroll, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Administer petty cash and maintain financial records.
- Run errands and deliveries as required.
- Maintain employee personnel files and update job descriptions.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans.
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process, ensuring an organized and timely procedure.
- Provide support and guidance on human resources issues to staff and supervisors.
- Ensure the completeness of personnel files.
- Provide safety orientations to new employees.
- Support supervisors and staff in developing the skills and capabilities of the team.
- Facilitate a safe work culture and ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies.
- Coordinate safety training for employees.
- Attend and conduct meetings and maintain company’s COR program.
- Human resources management, including recruitment, training, and performance monitoring.
- Occupational health and safety regulations and policies.
- Employment standards, company policies, and compensation strategies.
- Performance review methods and techniques.
- Microsoft Office applications, QuickBooks Desktop, and computer technology.
- Effective oral and written communication, including report preparation.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Organization and delegation of work.
- Ability to use computers and technology effectively.
- Multi-task orientated.
Who you are:
- Eager to embrace exciting challenges and actively seeking a diverse opportunity to foster personal growth while transitioning into a new role, driven by the accomplishments achieved by the end of this temporary term.
- Passionate about playing a pivotal role in the expansion and cultural enrichment of a close-knit earthworks company that prioritizes family values.
- Committed to demonstrating compassion in supporting the aspirations and objectives of fellow employees, recognizing their individual desires and goals.
- Confident in your self-awareness and seeking to contribute to a team-oriented environment that wholeheartedly supports your unique ambitions.
- Determined to question the status quo, consistently pushing the boundaries of what is deemed possible, while consistently seeking new ways to innovate and make a positive impact.
- Eagerly anticipating the opportunity to work with a company that not only values your contributions but also creates an environment where you genuinely look forward to each day.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in office administration or a similar role.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of human resources management principles and best practices.
- Familiarity with employment laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency in using computer software and technology, including Microsoft
- Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in handling sensitive employee information and maintaining personnel files.
Additionally, it would be beneficial if you have the following qualifications or certifications:
- Leadership for Safety Excellence training
- Principles of Health & Safety Management training
- Legislation Awareness training
- Auditor Training with ACSA (Alberta Construction Safety Association)
- Current Standard First Aid certificate
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB T1H 6N4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person