OEG Inc. delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
Our Building Security Leads are critical to the success of Rogers Place and Oilers Entertainment Group. Our Building Security Leads deliver a consistent and superior level of customer service to clients, fans and stakeholders by actively seeking opportunities to provide assistance and support. This person will ensure that Rogers Place policies and standards are observed by maintaining a highly visible presence. They will act as a deterrent to undesired activity and help to maintain a safe and welcoming environment in our venue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe and secure environment at Rogers Place.
- Conduct regular patrols of Rogers Place to prevent and detect hazardous or unlawful activity.
- Remain vigilant for signs of criminal and/or suspicious behavior related to Rogers Place and initiate the appropriate steps to report/follow-up as per operating procedures.
- Provide problem solving solutions for internal partners, external stakeholders and social agencies.
- Prepare written reports using Rogers Place standard report-writing program for incidents, hazards or deficiencies identified.
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR or AED support as necessary until medical services arrive.
- Coordinate emergency response when Rogers Place Event Command not operating. Will serve as the Incident Commander until command transitions internally or externally.
- Develop and maintain positive external relations with social agencies, Ice District partners, and Municipal/Provincial/Federal enforcement agencies.
- Support the Security Control Room Operators, as required.
Who You Are:
- You have strong knowledge of the Criminal Code and Powers of Arrest
- You have great oral and written communication skills
- You have the ability to address individuals in a service orientated manner, and can perform duties calmly under stressful circumstances
- You have demonstrated report writing and incident investigation skills
- You are comfortable with shift-work scheduling, including 12 hour day and night shifts
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 1-3 years of security industry related experience
- Valid Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act License (SSIA License)
- Ability to obtain ProServe through the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
- Valid First Aid, with CPR/AED or equivalent (St. John’s, Red Cross, Emergency Medical Planning Canada – GMCC) is an asset
- Use-of-force and verbal de-escalation training is an asset
What's in it for you?
- 100% Employer-paid Health Benefit Plans + RSP Matching Program
- Oilers, Oil Kings, and Live Entertainment ticket options
- Healthcare and Lifestyle Spending Account Options
- On-Site secured parking and/or transit allowance
- On-Site gym
- Located in Rogers Place – with easy access to the LRT
- Social team culture + employee events
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.