This role is within our rack mounting solutions division at Hammond. Our business unit manufactures racks and cabinets that house IT equipment. Commonly referred to as a server rack or equipment cabinet, Hammond has manufactured this product since the 1930s.
To maintain our service levels, we are hiring to expand our customer service team servicing both Canada and the USA. We are looking for a customer service professional fluent in communicating (written and verbal) in both English and Canadian French. Our team services customers by email, voice call, and online chat in both languages.
This hybrid role requires you to work primarily from home and in the office a minimum of twice per month. We seek a technical problem solver who is enthusiastic, professional, and can support multiple tasks at once while avoiding at-home distractions. Our team is service-focused and fast-paced, and we aim to answer our customers within minutes.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and responding to phone calls, webchats, and emails.
- Project specification analysis and quoting.
- Accurately and timely processing of customer quotations, quote follow-up, orders, returns, and troubleshooting;
- Evaluate customer needs and requirements to guide them to the best solution.
- Update and manage Customer records within our CRM and ERP.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain in-depth product knowledge and market segments.
- Serve as liaison between the product design team, production, management, and customer to improve customer service and business productivity.
- Effectively balance time and priorities across multiple opportunities to meet/exceed sales objectives.
- Work with territory managers to perform outbound prospecting calls.
- Communicate customer feedback to technical and marketing teams to develop processes for better serving customers.
Our customer service team is self-motivated and compensated on a base salary without a bonus or commission. The wage range is determined based on industry knowledge and prior experience. The benefits include six (6) days of flexible paid vacation, and five (5) additional days during the Christmas and New Years break. We have an excellent benefits plan (no cost to you) and team-focused culture that includes special events, BBQs and more.
Note that only candidates that have excelled on the indeed assessments will be considered.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$57,500.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- customer service: 2 years (required)
- Canadian French Immersion (preferred)
- Canadian Acadian French (preferred)
- Quebéc French (preferred)
- English (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Guelph, ON