Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Experience: Starting to intermediate
Education: - Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Biology, Chemistry or Business similar. Masters or PhD level preferred
We are looking for an ambitious Product Manager to join our team in Kitchener, Canada. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exciting start up company that is fast-paced, goal-driven and focused on making a difference. The Product Manager will be responsible for market and product strategy and routine execution on Nicoya’s cutting-edge technology product called the Alto. This position will lead global product strategies, drive innovative solutions to customer challenges, lead day-to-day operations for top line growth and profitability, and provide market leadership in the development of innovative products. Reporting to the SVP of Product and Marketing, the position is crucial to identifying future product requirements and implementing an outstanding customer experience in the growing and evolving field of label-free analysis. The successful Product Manager will define and drive strategies and tactical process development activities aimed at business growth.
What will you do?
Who we are looking for:
- Ensure responsible and accountable life cycle management for specific products.
- Lead prioritization of product ideas, positioning, and go-to market strategies to enable financial objectives.
- Lead & manage programs from concept to commercialization (full product lifecycle). Responsible for developing three to five year product strategies, and pricing/margin optimization
- Provide product management support in business negotiations
- Facilitate the Voice of Customer (VOC), enabling data driven decision-making across the portfolio
- Responsible for working closely with the cross functional teams and ultimately to deliver customer and financial success of new product introductions (NPIs)
Experience/Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
What’s in it for you:
- Prior experience in product management or product development & commercialization role, plus competitive market research skills is desired
- Basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts of intellectual property and patents
- Knowledge of life sciences research industry and manufacturing quality standards an advantage
- Highly detail-orientated, efficient and organized mindset
- Fluent in English
- Competitive salary
- Annual Incentive Plan bonus
- Excellent career progression as part of a fast growing startup organization
Nicoya’s mission is to improve human life by helping scientists succeed. We want to extend human life by enabling a deeper knowledge of the biological world. We are based in Kitchener, Ontario - Canada's Silicon Valley. Nicoya offers a suite of scientific instruments for the biotechnology research and development industry. It provides detailed information on molecular interactions using optical nanosensor technology known as localized surface plasmon resonance. Our new, cutting edge Alto product line utilizes a combination of digital microfluidics (DMF), Nanoplasmonic Biosensors and Cloud based software to offer industry leading sensitivity and flexibility to the SPR market.
Nicoya is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know. We will accommodate your needs as required under applicable legislation. Information related to accommodation requirements will be addressed confidentially.
In your application, please include your resume along with a cover letter. While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.