Regulatory Affairs Supervisor
The scope of this position includes providing a variety of administrative and program support for our Regulatory Affairs and Consumer Relations business units.
- Acts as project lead for all internal label updates ensuring collaboration amongst stakeholders in the completion of multiple defined project approvals.
- Works in close collaboration with a cross-functional team including Sales, Marketing, Operations, QA, QC, Customer Service and IT ensuring a stable and cooperative working relationship at all times.
- Manage internal label libraries ensuring only current and up-to-date labels are posted.
- Ensures internal and external databases accurately reflect all relevant product information.
- Produces reports and computer data entry of various information for the purpose of maintaining accurate records.
- Supports management and maintenance of certification documentation, including but not limited to; Kosher, Halal, Non-GMO Project Verified, Organic and Vegan for new and existing products.
- Supports timely and effective responses to feedback provided by consumers and customers, following established communication and investigation processes.
- Other duties as assigned by Director or Supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable work experience.
- Ability to handle complexity, multiple projects and requests and short timelines.
- Self-motivated individual
- Excellent verbal & written communication and organizational skills
- Comfortable with labeling databases, computer software and systems
- Detail oriented, accurate and excellent record keeping skills.
- Knowledge of Canadian Food Labelling Regulations is considered an asset.
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian-owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese, and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack, and Export markets, developed and produced out of our 13 manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high-quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit:
Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place at all facilities. For safety, all employees and visitors will continue to be required to wear a company-provided mask in all manufacturing and distribution areas at Gay Lea Foods.
Gay Lea Foods is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!