Position Type: Permanent part-time, 24-32 hrs/wk
Compensation: $30/hr ($37,440 - $49,920/yr)
Reports to: Manager of Administration
About Mission Possible
Mission Possible is a non-profit organization and social enterprise located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. We support individuals challenged by homelessness, poverty, addiction, mental illness, and other barriers to employment to achieve a renewed sense of dignity and purpose through meaningful work. Through our Employment Readiness Program, and our social enterprises, MP Maintenance & MP Neighbours, we equip our program participants with the skills, confidence, and support they need to rejoin the workforce and rebuild a self-sustaining livelihood for themselves.
About the position
The People and Culture Coordinator (PCC) gets to empower the staff and participants through policies, leadership and support in a unique and forward-looking community economic development agency. Through the development and execution of the people process, the PCC will continue to deepen the impact that Mission Possible is making in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
Strategies, policies, procedures, and compliances
- Provide strategic direction, leadership, and consultation in all areas of HR
- Develop and implement HR policies, procedures, and initiatives that promote a positive work culture and align with organizational values and goals
- Propose and implement equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and policies
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Ensure all HR information is up-to-date and accurate
- Generate regular HR reports to review trends, performance, and engagement.
- Stay updated on HR best practices and employment laws to ensure compliance and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Oversee recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding processes for both permanent staff, temporary employees, practicum students, and volunteers
- Administer employee benefits plans
- Assist with payroll processing
- Work with the Admin Team and Supervisors to review work schedules and hours
- Manage performance evaluation systems and employee development programs, including coaching
- Help coordinate monthly All Staff Meetings and trainings
- Manage team building activities and staff social events to enhance team cohesion and work relationships
- Perform 1:1 employee check-in’s as needed
- Receive incident reports and follow up accordingly, e.g. manage employee relations matters, conflict resolution, and disciplinary actions when necessary
- Conduct Annual Employee Engagement Surveys and follow up as needed
- Oversee the Health and Safety Program
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Administration
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent
- Experience in human resources and management
- Working knowledge of BC’s Employment Standards Act
- Ability to build and maintain positive workplace culture and relationships
- Experience in educating and coaching staff
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations is an asset
- Professional HR certification (CPHR) or equivalent is an asset
- Experience in Google Suite, Slack, accounting software, and payroll software is an asset
We will be interviewing applicants on a rolling basis until we find our successful candidate, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!
Please send your cover letter and resume for consideration. We thank all interested individuals for their application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 24-32 per week
Salary: $37,440.00-$49,920.00 per year
- Mandatory: Are you able to report to work at our 648 E Hastings office?
- Mandatory: Are you familiar with Mission Possible's neighbourhood, Vancouver's Downtown Eastside?
- volunteer management: 1 year (required)
- full people process: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-18
Expected start date: 2023-09-25