Under the direction of the Supervisor, Parks & Trees - Engineering and Operations Department, the incumbent will perform work which is physically strenuous in nature and involves the use of hand tools and/or manually operated equipment. Assignments will require the operation of Municipal vehicles. The incumbent may work under supervision and receive daily instruction.
Education and Experience:
- Secondary education (Grade 12 G.E.D. isacceptable) combined with one-yearrelevant experience.
- E endorsement (Air Brake) would beconsidered an asset.
- Valid NB Class 3 driver’s license**You mustattach a copy of a valid driver’s license anda current copy of your driver’s abstract.
- Loader operating experience is considered an asset.
- Performs functions consistent with constructionand maintenance of parks, trails, sports fields, andpublic spaces.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to work after hours and willing to work shiftsas required.
Knowledge and Desired Skills
- Ability to follow instructions accurately as issued bya Foreman or Supervisor.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards involvedand the safety precautions necessary in workassignments.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communicationskills are required.
- Equipment operation (loader, tractor, tandem, one-ton, etc) would be an asset.
- Ability to perform well as an individual and as well on a team ranging in size.
Interviews may take place virtually via Microsoft Teams
Internal/External CUPE Local 508 Posting
March 23, 2023
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $17.51 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Class 3 Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-04-06