Environmental Sales Manager, Canada
(1 Permanent full-time position, located in Edmonton, Alberta)
We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager for our Canadian operations to join us in our Edmonton, Alberta office This position will manage the sales personnel and functions for our Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy market groups. Having a strong sales and marketing team allows us to effectively engage our customers, build and maintain our reputation, and build and strengthen our relationship between our company and our customers. The work we do makes a difference, and it’s important that we effectively communicate this with the world. When it comes to sales, our goal isn’t to just sell. Our goal is to understand the needs of our customers, create a relationship based on trust, and help them find solutions to meet their unique monitoring needs.
We Are Campbell Scientific
We work to make a difference and help those working to advance science and technology for the benefit of humankind. Through our advanced measurement systems, our goal is to provide key insights to people using science and technology to solve massive global challenges including severe weather, climate change, limited natural resources, sustainable food production, energy production and distribution, and infrastructure safety.
What’s in it For You?
- Industry competitive salaries commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package. Including competitive paid leave, employer paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability insurance, AD&D, and a Profit-Sharing Plan
- Challenging and engaging work that makes a difference on a global scale
- A great work culture where we work hard and make the time to enjoy both our work and the people around us
What You'll Work On
The Sales Manager - Canada designs, develops, and executes sales strategies, objectives, activities, and policies to grow revenue across the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets in Canada in accordance with Campbell Scientific’s goals and objectives. This individual is responsible for motivating, influencing, developing, and energizing a high performing sales team to champion client needs and act as trusted advisors for Campbell Scientific clients.
You'll Support Your Team by Performing the Following Tasks
- Direct efforts to identify and win sales opportunities in Canada for the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets
- Collaborate with the Operations Director, Regional Director, and market group leadership to create revenue budgets and sales plans for the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets in Canada
- Own and be accountable for successfully hitting the fiscal year sales targets for the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets in Canada
- Guide marketing efforts for Canada while working with Marketing Specialists on all related activities
- With direction from the Operations Director and Regional Director, oversee the deployment and allocation of resources in Canada in support of the Campbell Scientific strategy including managing remote employees in ON and QC
- Engage in gaining client feedback throughout all markets so that client needs are understood, trends identified, and the company is consistently winning a majority share of markets in which we actively compete
- Oversee ongoing sales team training efforts to maintain a trusted advisor level of technical knowledge and sales expertise – all with an aim to create a superior client experience and to grow the sales team professionally
- Facilitate the flow of sales information and client requirements throughout the entire organization, fostering full transparency and open-minded collaboration
- Assist in sales forecasting and long-term revenue growth planning for the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets
- Build and foster relationships within Campbell Scientific client community that creates trust and open dialogue
- Motivate the Canadian sales team to act and engage them towards the furtherment of Campbell Scientific’s vision, mission, strategy, and goals
- Drive outcomes with the ability to overcome adversity and resistance
- Drive sales in the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets in the Canada
- Drive profitable sales growth and market share growth of the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets in Canada in part by helping to manage prices, GMs and revenue from product sales and projects
- Ensure every sales team member in the Environmental, Infrastructure and Renewable Energy markets in the North America region has clear KPI’s and accountability
- Develop individual professional growth of each sales team member
- Ensure all team members are fully trained and positioned to succeed in their role
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Meteorology, Engineering, or similar related scientific field is required
- Master’s Degree in Science or Business Administration, or equivalent business management or personnel management experience, would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales within the instrumentation and data solutions in the Environmental market
- Previous experience leading a cross functional sales team is strongly preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates who are fluently bilingual (English and French)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year
- Excellent knowledge of Campbell Scientific Hydromet and Environmental Research product line; multiple years of experience selling, advising on, and using the products
Demonstrated ability to:
- Build long-term relationships and network effectively within the industry
- Lead within cross-functional teams and build collaborative relationships
- Coach team members towards success in closing sales and meeting sales targets
- Supervise, inspire, mentor, and lead a world class sales team, or demonstrates a strong aptitude to develop into this leadership role
- Someone aligned with our ARCTIC Values (Accountability, Respect, Client-centric, Teamwork, Innovation and Continuous Improvement)
- Someone who places importance on working hard, having fun, and building great relationships with their peers
Typical office work environment
Domestic and International travel (travelling to meet with clients, potential clients and to conferences)
Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
Must be able to travel internationally on a regular basis.
Please note that all new hires in Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof as required.
To learn more about what we do, please visit out website at: www.campbellsci.ca
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Campbell Scientific is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.