Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech Canada Inc. has openings for an Intermediate Geotechnical Technologist in Whitehorse, Yukon. This is your opportunity to work and grow your career with world-class engineers and scientists dedicated to working on geotechnical engineering projects in arctic environments, from conceptual design to construction reporting. The position requires direct involvement with exciting new and existing projects in Canada’s northern territories, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut. Travel will be required in this position, and candidates must be prepared to undertake short-term field assignments.
Some of the Responsibilities you may have:
- Assisting with the management of technical field and laboratory staff.
- Management of small to medium quality control and quality assurance projects.
- Able to providing quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field testing projects.
- Performing field testing and laboratory testing of soil, aggregate and asphalt concrete including sieve analysis, density testing using nuclear density gauges, preparation of Proctors and Marshall molds, asphalt cement content, sand equivalents, Atterberg limits and moisture content.
- Preparing of field and testing reports.
Qualifications that would make you a great candidate:
- Civil Engineering or Construction Services Diploma from recognized Technical School
- Demonstrated practical hands-on design, construction administration and project management expertise (i.e. related office and field experience) is an asset but not required
- Prior materials testing experience would be considered an asset but is not required
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and AutoCad
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel and work in a field setting away from headquarters.
- CSA approved Steel Toed Safety Boots required
What makes Tetra Tech a great place to work:
- Benefits starting day one of employment. Competitive base salary.
- Eligible for overtime (calculated at 1.5 times) that can be banked or paid out, whatever you prefer. Some of our employees work a lot of hours during the busy times and then take extended time off.
- Hybrid work options when you are not in the field. We'll provide the technology for you to work remotely.
- Tetra Tech employs industry leading technical specialists across all environmental disciplines which promotes a strong mentorship environment and opportunity for technical growth.
- Tetra Tech supports life-long learning and provides an annual allowance for educational opportunities.
- You will be working with an amazing, very supportive team that takes a great amount of pride in our reputation and the phenomenal customer service we are known for.
- Tetra Tech is a global company with over 27,000 employees worldwide. By joining this team, you have access to this network of professionals, experience, opportunities and corporate benefits (eg corporate discounts, stock purchase plan).
- Opportunity for advancement within our environmental group and within Tetra Tech globally.
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required but will be explained during the recruitment process if they are necessary. As this position may be serving clients that have vaccination requirements for site access, we may be confirming your eligibility to comply with this requirement.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive hourly rate and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.