***This position is for a leave replacement. The length of employment will be for the duration of the maternity leave (12 months).***
Quality director will ensure all products produced at Tidal Health Solutions meet regulatory standards put forward by Health Canada.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and implementing quality management systems to ensure that all products and processes meet regulatory requirements and industry standards. This includes developing quality policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards, and overseeing quality audits and inspections. Ensure maintenance of regulatory licenses, certifications, and permits and compliance to GMP or GPP, where appropriate and lead all audits.
- Lead the quality department and be a support for the QA and QC personnel with regular meetings to address and resolve problematic situations. Ensure monthly reporting to Health Canada is performed within the acceptable timelines.
- Quality department support by reviewing SOPs, stability data, methodologies, and limits, etc. Complete gap analysis and conduct assessments regarding regulatory changes under the Cannabis Regulations to ensure ongoing compliance and review the documentation accordingly.
- Product development support by reviewing proposed new product formulations to ensure compliance with regulations. Support product launches through the review of applicable elements including overall product formulation, master label artwork (including ingredient lists and nutritional facts tables), and new product specifications and required analytical testing.
- Working with Regulatory Affairs department on regulatory notifications and submissions for assigned projects including NNCPs, license amendments, site changes and mandatory notifications. Supporting manufacturing by reviewing compliance of certain ingredients (e.g. solvents, additives, and preservatives used in manufacturing of products), and batch records.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
6 MONTHS: You will have engaged and optimized QA and QC teams as well as implemented pre-roll and hash production.
12 MONTHS: You will have successfully launched edibles while ensuring sufficient cannabis input.
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following fields: operations management, science, food-related field.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in quality management in the food industry and/or relevant experience in a company of similar size and complexity.
- Experience with Hazard Awareness, ERP, Isolocity, Cannabis365 and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), an asset.
- Bilingualism (English-French), an asset.
- Ability to obtain Health Canada safety approval.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, change and initiative skills.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously, build effective teams and motivate them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled communicator.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person