VAW Systems Ltd. is an international leader in the design and manufacturing of noise control and filtration equipment for fans and gas turbine engines. We have over a 40+ year history of building high quality products for customers around the world.
VAW is pleased to offer its employees competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental and vision coverage and employer paid premiums. We also provide a company matched RRSP program, Employee Assistance Program, on the job training and potential for continuous long term employment and advancement within our organization.
VAW continues to grow and is looking for Sheet Metal Assemblers to join our fast paced, safety focused, custom manufacturing facility. We have openings on our Monday to Friday Evening Shift (4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.)
· Read engineering drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
· Operate machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
· Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, or tack welding to fabricate products
· Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
· Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications
· Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience working in a metal fabrication manufacturing environment is a requirement
· Ability to interpret drawings and sketches
· Knowledge of/experience in MIG/spot welding
· Ability to safely operate roll forming equipment, overhead crane and forklift
· Ability to safely use hand and power tools, including a metric tape measure
· Safety focused
· Possess the skills and abilities to consistently produce high quality products and ensure quality control is maintained to the established standards
· Must be organized, flexible, proactive and interact in a positive and respectful manner with co-workers
· Knowledge of industrial/commercial fans, noise control and HVAC systems are assets
· Knowledge of Lean principles an asset
If you feel you are the ideal candidate that is needed for this role, please send your resume in confidence by replying to this post.
We appreciate your interest in VAW Systems, however only candidates who are already eligible to work in Manitoba will be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $26.01 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
VAW has formal safety protocols in place in regards to COVID-19.
- Metal Assembler: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person