AGRAWEST FOODS LTD.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, inspects, maintains and repairs the mechanical systems in the packaging department . 40 hours per week but may require periodic nights and/or after hours on call.
- Undertakes the regular inspection and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Develops and carries out preventive maintenance schedules for mechanical systems.
- Performs planned and emergency repairs to these systems.
- Operates tools and equipment as required.
- Maintains required reports.
- Interacts with contract personnel or companies to ensure repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Performs such other duties as may be required.
- Inform other employees of unsafe working and operating practices and report any action sited to supervisor if not corrected immediately.
- Perform any duty assigned including plant clean-up, housekeeping or operation of any area required.
- Follow all housekeeping policies daily according to good manufacturing practices.
- Available for call-in after hours.
- Millwright or Industrial Mechanic Certificate or an equivalent combination of education and training an asset.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Reads and interprets schematics and blueprints.
- Good writing, communication and math skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience with preventive maintenance programs and applications an asset.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and correct situations.
-Basic electrical knowledge.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $27.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person