Who we are
Located in Okanagan Falls, BC, Unit Electrical Engineering (UEE) designs and manufactures standard and custom electrical power, distribution and control equipment for mining, renewable energy, oil & gas, commercial & industrial and transportation all around the world.
UEE is looking for positive, reliable general labourers to join our team in the following departments:
What we offer:
- Competitive wages
- 100% Employer paid Extended Health Benefits including Vision Coverage
- Health Care Spending Account for Dental
- Company matched Registered Pension Plan
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- On the job training
Summary of what you will do:
MotorShop: Performing various tasks involved with the production, service and maintenance of Linear Induction Motors (LIMs).
Assembly: the assembly of modular buildings, installation of electrical equipment and
Foundry: Operation of ovens, creating molds, pouring molten metal and casting of products.
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs
- Experience operating hand and power tools
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the position including bending, crouching, kneeling, walking, climbing ladders.
- Ability to read and understand work orders, written instructions and blueprints
- Can communicate and listen effectively in order to understand tasks fully
- Hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Commitment to quality & safety
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Candidates must have reliable transportation
UEE is committed to:
- Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. A work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
- Building and preserving a safe. respectable working environment for all its employees
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.34-$24.53 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you able to reliably commute to Okanagan Falls?
- Canadian Work Permit (required)
Work Location: In person