Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, more than 14,000 credit students choose from 12 bachelor degrees and 35 majors.
Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut'ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We are situated on land where the Bow River meets the Elbow River. The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is "Mohkinstsis," which we now call the city of Calgary. The city of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation.
Mount Royal University is committed to removing barriers and fostering the inclusion of voices that have been historically underrepresented or discouraged in our society. In support of our belief that diversity in our faculty and staff enriches the work, learning and research experiences for the entire campus community, we strongly encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply and self-identify.
Mount Royal University’s Wellness Services takes an innovative approach to your health by integrating a broad spectrum of services that address the wellness of your body, mind, and spirit. The mission of the Healthy Campus Team is to work with campus community members to help promote well-being from the individual to the environment level. We do this collaboratively through an evidence-informed population health promotion approach that includes identifying health issues and strategically engaging in programming, education, advocacy, capacity building, and policy initiatives.
Wellness Services at Mount Royal University supports student and employee health and wellbeing. This position works in the Health Services primary care clinic. The healthcare team includes physicians, a psychiatrist, nurses, mental health nurses and medical offices assistants. A population health approach to education and prevention is a key component health & wellness at Mount Royal University
The successful candidate will be a Licensed Practical Nurse with a minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience working in a primary care setting. This position is responsible supporting the clinic physicians with patient appointments, medical tasks, patient follow-up and referrals as well as the administration of nursing student immunizations.
This position will work 21 hours/weeks; Wednesday, Thursday (9 AM to 5:00 PM) and Friday (8:30AM to 4:30 PM) - this is a 10 months/year position. The Inactive Period: July 2 to August 26
- Supporting clinic physicians with patient care during daily appointments;
- Identifying and establishing priorities of patient care based on assessment and nursing diagnosis related to existing and potential health problems;
- Providing immunizations as per MRU’s student Nursing Immunization Program;
- Providing current, accurate and timely information/counselling to patients in order to promote health and prevent illness;
- Phlebotomy is an asset
- Patient follow-up and patient referrals; and
- Practicing within the legally recognized scope of practice
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Alberta Registration)
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent nursing experience in primary care, acute care and/or occupational health.
- Immunization certification is required
- Maintain active, unconditional licensure according to the relevant health profession’s college and association.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR, BCLS and AED Certification.
Classification: SAD07 Administrative Services VII
Salary: $30.30 - $38.35 per hour plus benefits
Closing Date: June 30, 2023
Start Date: August 28, 2023
A cover letter and curriculum vitae/resume should be submitted as part of your application in .pdf format. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Last Name], [Requisition Number] [Title of Contents].pdf (ex. Smith, X00002, Curriculum Vitae.pdf).