Medisca is a global corporation with locations throughout North America, Australia, and Europe, that contributes to healthcare by leveraging strong partnerships that deliver customized solutions with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. Backed by 30+ years and a strong foundation in pharmaceutical compounding, Medisca is a business-to-business company that delivers comprehensive offerings by providing value, consistency, responsiveness, and loyalty. From pharmaceutical compounding products and services, to supply chain solutions, mixing technology manufacturing, analytical testing, IP licensing, to education services and more – Medisca delivers extensive solutions that leverages a strong network of partners committed to deeply caring about people. As Partners in Wellness, Medisca offers an unfailing devotion to improving lives, across a multitude of needs and across a multitude of people.
The Data Science Manager will oversee a small team of data professionals, using data-driven and insights-led approaches to respond quickly in a dynamic, competitive, and fast changing industry. The team will execute advanced analytics projects for global operations to deliver quantifiable benefits and improvements in business processes that are aligned to strategic objectives. They leverage quantitative knowledge, data storytelling skills, data visualization tools and business knowledge to drive a superior customer experience and enable business strategy. The candidate will also bring with them an exposure and understanding of current AI concepts and capabilities. Additionally, they will ensure all activities are conducted responsibly, in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. They will assist by using customer datasets to create insights on pricing, marketing and customer behavior. This role will be able to advise the Sales and Marketing teams, plus leadership on actionable data driven solutions for Medisca. This role involves project management, model design review and data validation.
- Leverages operations research tools to optimize business processes. Finds new opportunities for solving business problems in global operations.
- Champions data-driven decision making across functions by making analytical recommendations based on operational, financial, customer data and benchmarks.
- Uses advanced analytics techniques to improve customer/employee experience and end-to-end business processes, with a focus on optimization and simulation techniques.
- Applies data science expertise in machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, forecasting and optimization to multiple projects leveraging real world data.
- Manages data science models, algorithms, simulations, and experiments, and maintain high codebase and documentation quality.
- Uses data, visualization, slide-based storytelling, and data technologies to scope, define and deliver AI-based data products, as well as communicate insights with leadership to strategically influence decisions of business operations management and create value.
- Works on full-spectrum of activities, from conducting ML experiments to delivering production-ready models.
- Builds and maintains relationships with multiple stakeholders and keeps cross-functional lines of communication.
- Provides advanced data mining techniques to provide fact-based analysis. Leverages agility and creativity to maximize value and insight delivered by data analysis. Utilizes varied and complex data sources, including enterprise data lake, cloud and diverse source systems.
- Understands how the risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Assemble and analyze data to understand customer behavior from existing Medisca data, external data sources and emerging sources.
- Ability to understand business stakeholder's issues and create valuable insight.
- Represents the department in committees within the organization.
- Leads the prioritization of project-based work with key business stakeholders.
Managing a team
- Leads and mentors junior and senior data team members as required to help them grow and thrive.
- Drives accountability, sets performance objectives, holds regular team meetings and communicates direction and changes, and trains the team.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensures on-time project completion, on-time and error free report submissions.
- Coordinates with internal teams for upcoming projects to ensure the proper materials are available.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Postgraduate degree in analytics, data science, engineering, statistics, mathematics or related fields
- Eight (8+) plus years of experience in managing and analyzing data with advanced techniques
- Experience leading people, analytics, operations research techniques such as process optimization and simulation techniques
- Strong understanding of operations research (linear and mixed integer programming) and experience building price optimization models, promotional targeting, and a/b testing
- Holds vast industry knowledge, with diverse products, services, policies and procedures, regulations and related regulatory requirements is an asset
- Understand of different AI models, tools and concepts
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Power BI and DAX, Expertise with core data science tools and familiarity with different database systems (e.g., SQL)
- Experience with various enterprise-level Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Experience with churn, CLV, customer segmentation and persona building
- Working with the team as well as, software developers, engineers, sales and SME’s
- Excellent presentation skills and business acumen, able to present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, keeping a customer focus
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Teams and Excel) required
- Exceptional communication skills; fluent French and English (oral & written) required. This position supports the needs of our global offices.
What’s in it for you…
We invest time and resources into making sure Medisca is as good as the people we hire.
- Work/Life Balance - 37.50 hour workweek with early Fridays all year long, PTO and vacation policy
- Invest in your health – Choice of modular plans, health spending account and free Telemedicine
- Flexible work environment – Hybrid work schedule with home office reimbursement program
- Your Future is Bright – Opportunities to learn and grow within Medisca
- Save for your Future – Medisca contributes to a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) when you invest in RRSPs
- Help us grow – Employee Referral Program
- Central location - Free parking/accessible by public transportation; a commercial center is within walking distance for lunch or groceries
- We like to have fun – company events throughout the year