About the Position:
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for receiving orders from RB&W's industrial customer group, transcribing the orders into the computer system, and following up with internal and external contacts to resolve customer issues. This will require the development of working relations with all stakeholders, familiarity with our processes and a general understanding of RB&W's product lines.
This position requires working from the office full-time, strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills.
RB&W is an equal opportunity employer and will make reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities.
- Accurately service and maintain key customer accounts
- Print out, review, and prioritize sales orders that are received throughout the course of each day
- Accurately input the details of the sales orders into a database
- Effectively respond to customer inquiries and adjustments to previous orders
- Ensure all documentation for shipments is completed in a timely manner
- Generate reports to understand the status of an order with respect to delivery schedule, inventory on hand, special requirements, etc.
- Read and interpret daily releases and purchase orders
- Maintain, organize, and file records
- Transmit shipping information in time frame requested by a customer or fax required documents to the customer
- Maintain customer files (contracts, shipments, correspondence etc.)
- Communicate daily with customer to determine needs or status of an account in a professional manner (phone, fax, email)
- Work as a team player in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Provide backup support to coworkers in the Customer Service department in times of absence, vacation or increased workload
- Work closely with warehouse staff to determine stock availability and relay customer requests
- Minimum 2 years recent customer service experience position requiring data entry and retrieval in an ERP system
- Minimum 1 year experience in business to business customer service
- Experience in a customer service or materials/logistics role within the automotive industry is considered an asset
- Professional telephone manner and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with database software from data entry to report generation (proficiency with PLEX preferred)
- Ability to work independently but also in support of the team
- Ability to analyze and interpret information to proactively recognize and address potential problems, including monitoring inventory levels, customer requirements, and production and process timelines
RB&W is a leader in providing technical joining solutions to Global Automotive OEM's in the design of EV and advanced light weighting concepts in the automotive market. RB&W has locations in USA, Canada, Germany, China and UK; servicing almost all major OEM car markets.
Through multiple patents and proprietary designs, RB&W works directly with the Design Engineers of the OEM and Top Tier 1 companies on new model construction. The rapidly changing engine to EV process has provided significant growth and global success. The business today is approximately 50% in North America and 50% exported to Europe and Asia.
RB&W is one of 4 companies globally in this niche market and looking for talented, hard-working people to facilitate our growth.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON L6S 4R5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- What is your expected salary?
- Do you have experience in a customer service role in the automotive industry?
- Customer service: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person