Position: Wind Turbine Technician (Various Levels Required)
Type: Full Time
Location: Alberta and Saskatchewan
We have exciting new opportunities for those who are looking to enhance their development, or perhaps join the work in the Wind Industry.
As a technician, you will learn and apply skills in the area of installation, construction, mechanics, rigging, electrical and quality control of wind turbine towers.
- Perform wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned.
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures, including identifying risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment.
- Adapt and work with the various crews - Quality Control, Pre-Assembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Top out, Tensioning.
- Gather and give updates on the status of the construction of the wind turbine towers.
- Follow instructions and adhere to erecting schedules, and execution plans.
- Assist team members in accomplishing mutual goals, support and promote a positive work environment and culture.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities on job related processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a strong customer and team focus at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum *one (1) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope, or experience working in a construction related industry.
- *We may waive the one-year experience requirement for those candidates who have a great attitude, are reliable and hardworking, and who have a desire to learn.
- Must be able to effectively communicate; including oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices/protocols.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs, as well as various applications (i.e., safety management system).
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Completion of the Basic Safety Training Standard through the Global Wind Organization (GWO).
- Completion of Advanced Rescue Training.
- Completion of Enhanced First Aid Training.
- Completion of a Wind Turbine Technician Certification.
- Completion of a Confined Space Entry/Monitor Certificate.
- Comfort working remotely in a wind turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
- Employees will need a strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work at extreme heights, in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to physically lift 50lbs
- Must be able to perform vigorous physical tasks throughout the day
- This position is a safety sensitive position, you will be required to obtain a negative test result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and further testing may be required throughout your employment to meet various policy or client requirements.
EWR is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
We are extremely proud of our team at EWR. Our employees are engaged and committed to providing top notch external and internal customer service. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package, bonus incentives, living out allowance, 100% employer paid benefits, health spending account, and a leadership team that supports you, and your goals.
Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
· Please submit your cover letter and resume quoting the position you are applying for to [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: On the road