Professional Services - Draeger Medical Canada Inc. - Job-ID V000008165
The Job Responsibilities
At Dräger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees’ lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today – a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building “Technology for Life”.
The Technical Implementation Specialist (TIS), Workplace Infrastructure (WPI) manages the installation phase and service escalations for all WPI projects within Canada. They provide advanced technical implementation, consulting, and support for the Workplace infrastructure product modality. The TIS executes site assessments, design consulting, implementations, analysis and troubleshooting, and technical support at the customer site. They provide Technical Trainings. All TIS actions and problem resolutions should support and focus on customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue. Successful candidate can reside in any major city across Canada that is close to an international airport.
Acts as technical consultant in field implementations and service escalations for Workplace Infrastructure products.
- Attends pre-installation site visits and provides on-going technical guidance as requested by General Contractor (structural/mechanical/electrical reviews).
- Works closely with other Field Service personnel, Technical Support and Engineering to resolve issues and facilitate development and cross training of other personnel.
- Works closely with Project Managers, Clinical and Technical peers as well as Sales to assess customer environment, recommend technical strategy for implementation of products for optimal results to customer optimizing their use of our equipment.
- Assists in the technical portions of RFP’s including providing expertise and completing technical specifications.
- Acts as technical expert and provides 3rd level technical support to service team and hospital personnel as required; escalates field issues that cannot be resolved on the local level to the appropriate BU/Competency Center.
- “On-call" outside of normal working hours to provide emergency service.
Biomedical, Mechanical and/or Electrical, certification or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years of experience in lead technical support role required.
Proven technical skill and expertise for Draeger Medical products.
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies and/or instructing others.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Bilingual (French and English) fluency preferred.
- Results oriented with quality focus.
- Team player with effective interpersonal skills who can work effectively with personnel in various departments, at various levels and in various locations to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
- Good understanding of electronics, electrical, and mechanical applications including analog and digital circuitry common to microprocessor-controlled devices.
- Ability to operate hand tools and work with mechanical parts. Must be able to read and understand diagrams and schematics.
- PMP or other project management experience is desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Valid international travel documents
The Dräger Workplace
This is deemed to be a Safety Sensitive position, where performance limitations (due to substance use, for example) could result in an incident or situation with the potential for high consequences. Therefore, you may be subject to post-employment drug or alcohol screenings, for example, prior to performing work at customer sites.
- Must be able to work in a hospital environment.
- Lifting and carrying objects under 70 lbs. Heavier objects would require additional assistance.
- Standing, walking, sitting.
- Grasping and manipulating objects.
- Use of ladders and various lift equipment.
- Work usually in a climate-controlled environment.
- Travel by vehicle or air to customer locations involving routine hazards estimated to be 50% or greater, as necessary.
In North America, Draeger employs over 1,500 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston / Coppell, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our field based Sales and Service workforce, located across Canada, is focused on building and strengthening long term relationships with our customers in the delivery of Draeger’s exceptional portfolio of Medical and Safety products and solutions.
Draeger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. All candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, ancestry, colour, ethnic origin or place of origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences (for which a pardon has been granted), disability, marital or family status, or any other prohibited ground under applicable provincial human rights legislation.
Who we are
Dräger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Dräger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 16,000 employees have been striving for - every day for almost 130 years.
What we offer
If you have any questions, please contact