Specific responsibilities of the position:
The principal responsibility of the Test Technician is to conduct engine installation and test procedures for Altitude Testing Facility. Responsible for day-to-day test activities on development test engines, test sections, control systems, accessories and components. Must assist in local EH&S duties & assist Local Facilities Engineering when required.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Work with the ATF team members to safely meet test requirements and deadlines.
- Install gas turbine engines on specialized test stand, install and verify engine instrumentation.
- Configure data acquisition systems, calibrate pressure, temperature and strain gauge systems.
- Test high value development engines while respecting multiple operating limits.
- Operate altitude facility controls to meet test requirements.
- Utilize various hand tools, precision measurement tools and handheld test equipment including DVM and oscilloscope.
- Thorough knowledge of complex mechanical systems including hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical power transmission.
- Thorough understanding of AC and DC electrical system fundamentals.
- Interpret mechanical and electrical assembly drawing. Assemble components to meet drawing tolerances.
- Basic project management skills, ability to manage program deliverables.
The Test Technician must show the ability to:
- Adapt, be self-motivated with good technical aptitude and communication skills.
- Work effectively under time pressure in a constant state of change.
- Troubleshoot engine and facility issues
Shift rotation schedule
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person