We are proud to be a growing Company that recognizes its employees hard work and contributions, offers a comprehensive FREE employee benefits package, a matching RRSP program, along with paid sick days, and opportunities for continuing education and professional development.
Located in Mississauga, Ontario, we are a leading developer and manufacturer of quality private label food products with distribution across Canada, the USA, and South America. We are looking for a highly driven, self-starting individual who has had prior work experience in food manufacturing, consumer care products, or batch processing industries to be part of our growing team.
The Warehouse Lead will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide variety of products. The Warehouse Lead must ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
This exciting new opportunity is available for the Day Shift and offers a Signing BONUS of $ 1000.00*
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a hands-on Warehouse Supervisor, this position will spend time on the floor allocating the goods to proper location, maintaining floor space, taking care of daily shipping and receiving activities and related documentation.
- Conduct cycle counts as required.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting, and maintaining equipment.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, and following up on work results.
- Aides in recruiting, selecting, and training employees.
- Provides coaching, counseling, and discipline to team members as needed.
- Addressing safety, quality, and job performance nonconformances on priority basis.
- Maintain shipping and receiving log on a daily basis
- Make sure that all shipments shipped to customers are checked, verified, and adherence to the delivery schedule
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Consider full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; adjust where necessary.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security
- Manage inventory levels and reconcile with data storage system as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Counterbalance Electric forklift license required.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with WMS (DEACOM ERP an asset)
- Leadership skills and ability to supervise staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Occasional weekend work as required
Please advise us of any accommodation needs you have at time of interview booking.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Calls and inquiries from staffing agencies will not be accepted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.00-$32.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Manufacturing Experiencee Production Occupations: 2 years (required)
- Counterbalance Forklift License (Electric) (required)
Work Location: One location