Under the guidance of the Director of Sales & Marketing, the position performs a variety sales support function, for technical sales representatives. These duties include but are not limited to following up on issued quotations, prospecting and cold calling, historical data analysis to garner past accounts or new locations and sales administration as required for backup. The remaining points are inserted under the duties and responsibilities section.
- Completion of a College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a technical field of study is an asset.
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical sales role.
- Intermediate systems knowledge; Microsoft Office, CRM, and ERP systems.
- Strong hands-on technical ability.
- Strong hand in sales techniques.
Skills and Abilities Essential:
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in order to resolve conflicts and problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prospecting and generating leads for VP of US sales, and technical sales representatives through market research and tradeshow leads.
- Collaborating with the technical sales team on following up on quotations, clarifying and answering any questions and work to close the sale.
- Analyze historical customers within the database, past purchases and proactively work to regain the business.
- Responsible for understanding specifications and the costing process, to better explain quotations and answer technical sales questions.
- Enter customer information, interactions, and notes into Albarrie’s CRM system, to track customer interaction.
- Provide assistance to the sales administrator(s) for entering customer information or creating quotations, in their absence.
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with company and department policies, procedures, and standards.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management in a team environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person