We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will provide administrative support to the project management team and facilitate the coordination for multiple construction projects.
Your key responsibilities will Include:
- Positively and professionally represent Reotech Construction and communicate effectively with customers, trades, and members of our team;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Project Managers on several concurrent project;
- Prepare, distribute, and track project documentation including daily email correspondence, purchase orders, change orders, RFI’s, etc;
- Update and maintain up-to-date logs for all project documentation;
- Assist with review and preparation/submission of shop drawings;
- Effectively utilize software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project skills preferred;
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and proposals;
- Collection of documentation to ensure all trades/vendors are active and have appropriate certifications, etc;.
- Execute project close out;
- Trade follow up as required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Reotech Construction has been in business since 1989 specializing in commercial interior construction. With projects spread across Metro Vancouver every project is different, offering a whole range of ventures and endeavours for you to be involved in. We believe in the importance of being part of a team you can rely on which is why we build together, shoulder to shoulder and eye to eye.
- We offer competitive compensation
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Long term disability & life insurance
- A fun culture and a casual work environment
- Great opportunities and support for career development
- Social events throughout the year including a Christmas party you won’t want to miss!
- Draws to win concert tickets and game tickets
- Gift acknowledgement for years of service
- Celebration of life events
What You'll Bring...
- A sparkling personality with a positive, hard-working attitude
- Ability to work in a high-paced atmosphere
- Highly self-motivated with demonstrated client service skills
- Detail oriented, accurate and highly organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to express ideas clearly
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or business, is an asset paired with 1 to 3 years’ experience in an administrative role (preferably within a construction environment)
- Previous administrative experience is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and MS Project with the ability to learn new programs
- Available for fulltime schedule (40 hrs) Monday to Friday starting at 7am. In office work.
- Must reliably commute to our head office in Coquitlam on a daily basis and occasional travel to project sites within Metro Vancouver lower mainland.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license paired with a driver’s abstract free from any contraventions.
Come build your future with us
Send your amazing resume and join our team.
Reotech is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coquitlam, BC V3K 7A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person