Safety Trainer (Construction Equipment)
FSN is currently looking for individuals to instruct some or all the following equipment operator programs on a contract and part-time basis in the Greater Toronto Area. Our preference is someone based in the GTA's east-end but will consider candidates throughout the GTA.
- Aerial Work Platforms (scissor and boom)
- Skid steer
- Current certification in and a minimum of 5 years experience operating forklifts, aerial work platforms, skid steers, mini excavators and/or other construction or industrial equipment
- Current Ontario CPO recognized Working at Heights certificate
- Previous experience with adult learning and health and safety training
- Ability to travel using own vehicle and in possession of Glass G license or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Flexibility to occasionally work off hours and weekends
- Previous experience in propane handling (i.e., propane construction heaters and propane cylinder filling)
- Previous experience in delivering CPO recognized Working at Heights programs
- Other health and safety training and/or related experience such as training program development
- Experience providing training virtually through live web-based conferencing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and cloud software such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- Present yourself in a professional manner
- Reliable and thorough
- Take safety seriously and can present FSN programs with enthusiasm
- Proactive and willing to assist FSN by providing feedback and/or recommendations on our programs
- Based on a flat-rate per training session plus travel expense recovery
Industry: Education and Schools, Training, Construction, Industrial
FSN Safety Training provides on-site, virtual and online health and safety training for industries across Ontario and Atlantic Canada. Our areas of training expertise consist of, but not limited to, propane handling, working at heights and construction and industrial equipment operation such as forklifts, aerial work platforms and skid steer operation.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Can you speak, read and write English fluently?
- This is a part-time and contract based job. By proceeding with this application, you must understand that you would be hired as a contractor who would be paid on a per job basis. The number of jobs offered to you could vary greatly throughout the year based on your abilities and our customers' demand. Are you willing to accept this?
- Aerial Work Platform: 2 years (required)
- Class G Licence (required)
Work Location: On the road