Arborist Supply Co. Inc. is a small business in Calgary, AB. We are professional, customer-centric, and fun.
Our work environment includes:
- Lively atmosphere
- On-the-job training
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
Arborist Supply is a local one-stop shop for anyone in the rope-access industries. We sell to Arborists, High Rise Window Washers, Rescue Crews, Stage Crews, Rock Climbers, or anyone doing work at height. We run our storefront in Springbank but also sell online Canada-wide. We are a small but mighty business with family ties, so when you work here, you become family. Most of our customers are regulars as well, so you get to know everybody in the industry and really develop relationships with all of our customers.
Our goal is to provide every customer who comes in the store, or contacts us with an amazing shopping experience. Sales assistant duties include selling, restocking, packing and merchandising. Data entry of incoming inventory, website maintenance and updates, Minimal cleaning & general upkeep of the shop. Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction with friendly and helpful demeanour & service. Maintaining stocked shelves and outstanding store condition. The shop can be slow to crazy fast paced depending on the day, so every day is a little different.
· Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
· Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
· Maintain a fully stocked store
· Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
· Recommend and display items that match customer needs
· Welcome and greet customers
· Manage point-of-sale processes (we use square POS system with an Ipad)
· Unpack & inventory new shipments & put away
· Keep up to date with product information
· Accurately learn & describe product features and benefits
· Proficiency in English
- Possess outgoing and friendly personality with strong customer service skills
- Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to have reliable means of transportation to and from the store
- Ability to meet goals, stay organized and maintain a positive attitude
· Team Player with strong communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft suite & ability to learn our square POS system & website platform
· High knowledge of product line / industry considered a massive asset*
· Experience in retail sales is an asset*
Part-time permanent hours, with potential to expand to full-time.
Schedule can be flexible but 9am-5pm ideally Monday-Saturday (We are closed Sundays.)
Job Types: Seasonal, Permanent, Part-time
Part-time hours: 12-40 per week
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Are you able to drive to work? We are located in Springbank and no public transit comes here.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-18