CGI – Payroll Services Centre (PSC) offers all-in-one cloud-based solution that simplifies Payroll and Human Capital Management. We are proud of our privileged relationships with clients, and their satisfaction rate is very high.
Every day, our members help thousands of customers pay their employees in different industries. In this role, you will contribute to the success of local businesses within a dynamic team, with over 600 professionals and more than 55,000 customers!
We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual. Are you ready to play a key role?
We are ready for you:
- Never stop learning: we offer a complete, ongoing and paid training on Canadian payroll;
- Work-life balance: a flexible weekday schedule.
- Work environment recognized as one of the best in the Canada (Great Place to Work certified);
- Employee Assistance Program, Health and Wellness program, comprehensive insurance coverage, financial assistance for your job-related studies;
- Career development supported by a professional development plan;
- Access to our Share Purchase Plan and Profit Participation Plan as of your first day with us;
- Benefits that fit your needs: Flexible insurance plan, telemedicine, and more!
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners, and, as owners, we enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today—one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where everyone belongs, and we collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal opportunity employer, we empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI—where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The candidate will be responsible for payroll management for the clients of the payroll service center who have chosen this option. The job-holder is responsible for carrying out all phases of payroll processing for the company. He is responsible for confirming the needs to ensure customer satisfaction. On a typical day, you will:
- Carry out the complete management of the payroll for the client;
- Enter the data required to set up new employee files and other information related to employee compensation;
- Compile and synthesize payroll data for management reporting purposes;
- Perform predefined imports and exports;
- Produce, analyze and interpret payroll reports;
- Travel to client locations;
- Occasionally work outside of regular hours to meet client needs;
- Provide telephone support and follow up on requests (e.g.: creation of earnings/deduction changes, special reports, stop payments, special payroll, etc.);
- Make changes to company files and follow up;
- Maintain the payroll process book for assigned clients;
- Conduct a bi-annual analysis of the processes in place in order to optimize certain processes by adding new functions to our payroll systems;
- Provide guidance to clients on current payroll legislation;
- Support clients in the use of various modules and options complementary to payroll;
- Work closely with team members and other areas;
- Keep abreast of changes affecting our solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- College degree in administration, accounting or related field or other combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of four years of experience in the payroll field;
- Understanding of payroll principles and Mastery of payroll legislation from Ahuntsic College or S.C.P. Certification from the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) (an asset);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Analytical skills, ability to synthesize and plan;
- Good management of priorities;
- Teamwork and communication skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Stress management skills;
- Knowledge of the various payroll solutions;
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of different payroll solutions;
- Experience with import and export files (asset);
- Knowledge of group insurance management (asset);
- Knowledge of accounting principles;
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Excel (intermediate - mandatory) and Microsoft® Access (an asset);
- Excellent command of French and English, both verbal and written (essential).
Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position due to the nature of the role requiring interaction with national and global clients.