Information Clerk – Receptionist
This position, reporting directly to the company Operations Manager, acts as the receptionist “gate keeper” for all company personnel, management, and various departments. He/she will also liaison between the Tenant and the Landlord in initiating and maintaining positive working relationships with the company’s tenants, their management, and employees. In addition to actively issuing work tickets on tenant requests he/she maintains up to date records on tenant contacts and overseeing the tenant parking program. He/she prepares and assists in the development and deployment of manuals and materials for the tenant. This position will also encompass social media posting and activity on the company’s social media platforms.
Responsibilities and Main Activities:
- Receptionist duties, phone, screening calls, letter/memo writing, welcoming guests, redirecting walk-in traffic, etc.
- Provide excellent tenant service. Ensure tenant requests/problems are responded to in a timely and courteous manner by maintenance staff and/or Operations Department.
- Communicate with tenant representatives on tenant services matters and issues including bilingual emails, letters/memos, and verbal communication.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with company accounting and lease administration.
- Place work tickets as needed in ticket system.
- Keep Operations Manager informed of ongoing matters.
- Manage the schedule for HC boardroom rentals.
- Maintain vehicle parking violation data. Coordinate towing procedures when approved.
- Administer and control all parking lot space rentals.
- Use 2-way radio for maintenance communication.
- Maintain up to date tenant listing, afterhours contacts, company directory, etc.
- Maintain up to date holiday schedule of tenant’s closed dates.
- Revise and maintain Tenant manuals and associated material.
- Ensure accidents/incidents are reported properly to appropriate department(s).
- Prepare packages for shipping by couriers.
- Prepare and post approved material on social media in conjunction with the IT department.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent word processing speed and accuracy;
- Able to work independently with little supervision, good communication skills
- Good letter writer;
- Must be fluently bilingual (French – English) with speaking and writing;
The qualification requirements and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
Salary & Benefits
- $40,000 - $60,000 per year based on experience and ability.
- Entitled to accrue vacation of two (2) weeks (10 business days) per year.
- Entitled to eleven (11) paid holidays per year (7 public and 4 additional).
- Working hours 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch break) 37.5 hrs/week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person