Looking for your next opportunity in the fast-paced and exciting field of automotive manufacturing? Look no further!
POSITION TITLE: SR. PROCESS ENGINEER
REPORTING TO: Engineering Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Seek to optimize processes so that they are safe and efficient producing a quality part at the lowest possible cost.
- Engineering Technologist Diploma/Or similar post-secondary program
- Familiar with lean manufacturing principles, quality systems, metal forming, welding and blueprint reading (including GDT).
- 7+ years in a similar posiiton
- Automotive industry experience is an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyze assigned processes to determine root causes for all existing and possible defects; implement solutions through all available methods.
2. Analyze assigned processes to develop improvements for safety, cost and delivery.
3. Document the existing process through the use of standard measurable data. Evaluate the effectiveness of the permanent solution using the same data.
4. Work with operators, supervisors and managers to implement solutions. Ensure that the production group has a thorough understanding so that they are able to sustain the solutions and make further incremental changes.
5. Review all process documentation (FMEA, control plan, work instructions) have it updated where required and verify changes.
6. Design jigs and fixtures for assembly and welding departments.
7. Compile operator work instructions.
8. Contract and co-ordinate suppliers of various assembly and process improvement equipment.
9. Cost justification on capital and process improvements.
More about Guelph Manufacturing Group!
Since its inception in 1965 as a custom Tool & Die machine shop; Guelph Manufacturing Group Inc. has evolved into a leading manufacturer and supplier of metal stampings, assemblies, headrest and armrest inserts, wire form, and other metal components to the automotive industry. Guelph Manufacturing has 3 plants in Guelph, Ontario, and our APMF plant in Atlanta, Georgia. Guelph Manufacturing's sales office is located in Warren, Michigan.
Guelph Manufacturing offers a positive and supportive working environment that encourages its people to take personal ownership of all business activities. Each employee plays a vital role in reaching the company's goal of 100% customer satisfaction. People at Guelph Manufacturing are always looking for ways to continuously enhance our commitment to process improvements.
At Guelph Manufacturing we place the health and safety of our employees above all else. We are very proud of our Health and Safety record and we strive each day to maintain this important goal. The elimination of all workplace hazards is a constant process.
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, apply today!
Guelph Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We are also committed in compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person