Medisca is a global corporation with locations throughout North America, Australia, and Europe, that contributes to healthcare by leveraging strong partnerships that deliver customized solutions with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. Backed by 30+ years and a strong foundation in pharmaceutical compounding, Medisca is a business-to-business company that delivers comprehensive offerings by providing value, consistency, responsiveness, and loyalty. From pharmaceutical compounding products and services, to supply chain solutions, mixing technology manufacturing, analytical testing, IP licensing, to education services and more – Medisca delivers extensive solutions that leverages a strong network of partners committed to deeply caring about people. As Partners in Wellness, Medisca offers an unfailing devotion to improving lives, across a multitude of needs and across a multitude of people.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Inventory Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the proper movement and accuracy of inventory, leading Work in Progress (WIP) inventory management and control of stored inventory. The Inventory Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of employees within the Inventory Department.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Transfer of Products
- Ensures inventory processes are compliant with established procedures.
- Transfer all released finished goods from Work In Progress (WIP) following production runs into physical bins utilizing MEDWMS/SYSPRO.
- Monitor short expiry material and transfer accordingly each month.
- Process all incoming supply chain transfer (SCT) shipments with accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform daily cycle counts, maintain accuracy and investigate discrepancies.
- Monitor inventory levels for replenishment, supply chain transfers and overstock.
- Assist in creation of supply chain transfers.
- Monitor inventory levels of supplies.
- Analyze bin locations based on product placement and history and adjust accordingly.
- Communicate across departments to ensure correction of inventory problems and adjustments.
Supervision and Training
- Foster and maintain a positive and collaborative work environment to motivate staff.
- Supervise a team to coordinate inventory processes and deliver materials, enforce policy adherence.
- Train new employees on all inventory job functions.
- Provide continuous performance feedback through quarterly performance evaluations and department meetings.
- Participate in interviews.
- Attendance tracking, scheduling and approval of time off.
- Approve payroll submissions.
- Other duties as required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience leading a team.
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years experience in inventory management preferred.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent French (oral & written) required.
- Strong leadership skills with proven decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic; integrity; reliable.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel); SYSPRO/MEDWMS is an asset.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 60 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 250 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (fridge, freezers, etc.)
What’s In It For You …
We invest time and resources into making sure Medisca is as good as the people we hire.
- Work/Life Balance - 40 hour workweek with early Fridays all year long, PTO and vacation policy
- Invest in your health – Choice of modular plans, health spending account and free Telemedicine
- Your Future is Bright – Opportunities to learn and grow within Medisca
- Save for your Future – Medisca contributes to a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) when you invest in RRSPs
- Help us grow – Employee Referral Program
- We like to have fun – company events throughout the year
We are an equal opportunity employer