Do you have a passion to make a difference in Safety? Are you passionate about leading people?
O'Hanlon Paving and Fath Industries, proud members of The Fath Group of Companies, have been key players in the Edmonton Road construction industry for over 65 years. We pride ourselves in the quality of our finished projects, our strong safety culture, and our opportunities for employee development.
What we offer
- Thrive in an environment that fosters creativity and the sharing of best practices.
- Join a remarkable team and experience an exceptional work culture.
- Enjoy competitive wages and generous vacation benefits.
- Access comprehensive employer-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Make a meaningful impact towards a safer construction industry.
We are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our safety team. The ideal candidate must be able to align with the company’s core purpose and core values. Core Purpose: Building positive change in our communities; Core Values: Commitment, Attitude and Respect. This is a full-time position based at our head office, located in the west end of Edmonton. As the successful candidate, you will report to the Executive Member responsible for Safety, HR & Project Services and will be required to perform the following:
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions, with a focus on HSE data trending.
- Lead a team of Safety individuals who cater to all 5 divisions of The Fath Group.
- Provide mentoring & coaching to the Safety Coordinators in their day-to-day roles & responsibilities.
- Lead & manage various OH&S initiatives and improvements projects.
- Oversee accident and injury data, trends and safety management programs.
- Provide strategic advice to the management team on trends and safety management programs.
- Keep abreast with the Federal, Provincial & Municipal Safety Regulations and Codes, and ensure that the organization is compliant with their policies & procedures.
- Manage & resolve internal or external client’s escalations as it relates to the OH&S.
- Monitor adherence to the company safety programs, policies & procedures by employees and subcontractors
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring & updating of HSE prequalification documentation
- Oversee and provide feedback to Safety Coordinators on Project Safety plans for clients and internal company departments
- Ensure that safety standards are in conformance to industry standards and federal, provincial and local regulations, as well as customers' contractor qualification programs
- Develop, implement, and evaluate departmental, COR, and subcontractor occupational health and safety programs
- Perform job site safety compliance inspections, including hazard analysis, safe work procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Research, plan, organize, conduct and evaluate training programs/seminars for supervisors and field employees, with respect to occupational safety issues and to meet local, provincial, and federal OHS requirements, as well as Environmental and NSC requirements
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completion of Occupational Health & Safety Certification is required.
- NCSO designation & CRSP designation will be an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of solid & progressive experience in Occupational Health and Safety is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supervising individuals with a minimum of 2 years in leading Safety individuals is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the construction industry will be required, some experience in the road construction industry will be considered as an asset.
- Strong ability & understanding of best practices in road construction industry will be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations at Federal, Provincial & municipal level.
- Solid experience with inspections, investigations, and occupational safety activities.
- Proven expertise in leading & implementing Safety programs & improvement projects
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal, written and visual presentation)
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Advance knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) & other software programs
- Must have flexibility & ability to work long hours or weekend if required, especially during the summer & fall season
- Strong ability to prioritize and cater to the needs of diverse group of clienteles spread across all 5 divisions of The Fath Group
- Capable of working independently and effectively
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with keen attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Work Location: In person