We currently have a Regular Full-time opportunity for a Project Manager in the Project Management Office at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
We currently have a temporary, full time opportunity for a Corporate Project Manager in our Information Services department. Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office (PMO) and Operational Excellence (OE), the Corporate Project Manager will be accountable for all aspects of delivering assigned projects using project management best practices, including implementation plan development and execution, issue and risk identification and management, value realization and reporting. The Corporate Project Manager will be accountable for ensuring PMO project life cycle processes and documentation standards are adhered to, including ensuring appropriate user subject matter expertise has been engaged across the project life cycle. The Corporate Project Manager will manage projects related to implementation of clinical and business information systems and will be assigned a single or multiple projects based on initiative scope.
The Corporate Project Manager will have progressive experience in implementing complex hospital information systems, and be responsible for ensuring appropriate cross-department expertise is engaged to support successful implementation, go live and ongoing operations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Complete assigned projects on time and on budget;
- Establish and manage governance structures required for successful project implementation;
- Complete comprehensive project control documentation throughout the project life cycle;
- Manage vendors required to ensure successful project completion;
- Complete comprehensive and timely project analysis and reporting as per PMO standards;
- Develop and manage detailed work plans, schedules, project budget estimates and resource plans required for successful project completion;
- Escalate project issues and risks to Director in a timely manner; and
- Lead project and functional team meetings as required to monitor progress and challenges of projects.
- University degree required in a relevant field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, Health Sciences) Master’s degree in Business Administration or Health Administration is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or certification in process is required.
- Minimum three years of experience in a Project Manager role in a PMO environment is required.
- Minimum five years of experience implementing clinical and-or business applications with increasing complexity and scope required.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodologies is required.
- Experience with vendor and team relations and excellent presentation, communication, change management, multi-tasking and technical writing skills is a requirement.
- Experience with MS Office and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio is required.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Sharepoint is an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 212689 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" at the bottom of this page.