Newfoundland Eggs Inc. is a proud family-owned and operated business that spans four generations. As a significant contributor to the egg industry in Newfoundland, our flocks produce approximately 12 million dozen eggs annually. We pride ourselves on supplying a healthy, local, quality product at a fair and reasonable price for retailers and families island-wide. As an environmentally and socially responsible company, it is our goal to promote progressive animal care, support our communities and neighbours, and provide a nutritious product that contributes to a healthy diet and lifestyle. By taking advantage of technological developments and heeding the needs of consumers, we will continue to strive to exceed the expectations of the individuals, families, and industry we so happily serve..
Responsibilities will include:
- Working as a member of the egg grading plant team in its daily operations.
- Operating and cleaning plant machinery.
- Checking eggs for quality, and packaging them into boxes, baskets, or flats.
- Palletizing boxes of eggs and shrink-wrapping them.
- Moving eggs to the finished cooler and possibly loading them onto trucks.
- Maintaining a clean workspace
- Abiding by corporate and food safety regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Monday – Friday full time positions available for day shift (7:30am-4pm) ***hours may slightly vary***
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Prior experience in a production setting is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- One+ years in a food manufacturing/food processing facility considered an asset
- Possess no pet birds or backyard flocks for biosecurity reasons
To apply, contact Dwaine Lake at 709-683-2520 or email [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Newfoundland Eggs Inc., however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check. Newfoundland Eggs Inc. is committed to employment equity and maintaining a diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person