POSITION OFFERED: Sales Representative
We are looking to fill the permanent position of a Sales Representative at Truform Building Products, a division of Richelieu, for the Ontario region.
We are seeking an ambitious and strategic sales professional dedicated to a career in the window and door industry. Your role will consist of maintaining and developing sales in Ontario. There is potential for the role to advance into management.
More specifically, your main tasks will be:
- Grow an in-depth knowledge of Truform and Blackstone’s hardware offerings, to present solutions to customer’s requirements,
- Effectively represent Truform and Blackstone Building Products, while developing, maintaining, and improving business relationships with customers and prospective customers to support and grow current and future business,
- Interact with customers promptly and effectively by utilizing exceptional listening skills, acknowledging and resolving their inquiries, requests and complaints with precise solutions, information or guidance that meets or exceeds their individual expectations, to achieve sales goals,
- Identify areas for business development throughout the various local markets and devise new sales tactics to increase profit margins, increase market share and improve the customer’s experience
- Identify and report trends in the marketplace as well as competitive activity,
- Prepare clear quotes and follow-up with customers after submittal,
- Achieve and surpass sales goals and objectives,
- Daily or weekly travel to visit customers,
- Participate in industry, vendor, and internal sales training, as well as attend industry shows,
- Stay current with industry information, new product announcements, sales, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a similar position,
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills (proficiency with Microsoft Office software).
- Your own personal computer, preferably a laptop, capable of utilizing the most current version of Microsoft's Office365 applications.
- A valid driver’s license and your own vehicle; (a car allowance and mileage are provided)
- Customer focused, disciplined, resilient, motivated, self-starter with a commitment to quality of service and desire to succeed,
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques; with a good aptitude in analyzing issues and proposing solutions,
- Demonstrable technical selling skills and product knowledge, to make recommendations to the customer
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to source information, obtain approvals, provide sufficient influence, and create lasting business relationships,
- Innovative in delivering client-focused solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team
Who are we?
Richelieu Hardware is a North American leader and an agent for change in a dynamic and creative industry. We are an importer, distributor and manufacturer of specialty hardware and complementary products.
Our customers – More than 90,000 customers in North America: kitchen and bathroom cabinet, storage and closet, home furnishing and office furniture manufacturers, residential and commercial woodworkers, and hardware retailers including renovation superstores.
Our team – 2,200 people, close to half of whom focus on sales and marketing, and more than 50% of whom are Richelieu shareholders.
What we are offering
- A balance between work and personal life
- A dynamic and inspiring environment
- A competitive salary that is based on the market.
- A progressive salary driven by performance and managed by objectives results.
- An Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- A group insurance plan to meet your personal needs.
- Competitively priced products
- Free parking
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Automobile allowance
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Secondary School (preferred)
- sales: 5 years (required)
Work Location: On the road