Are you looking for a role that will challenge you? Would you like to make a difference in the Environment? If you answered yes, our Chalk River location is looking for an Supply Chain Program Manager to act as a centre of excellence and guidance to the CNL organization in general and the Supply chain to support our policies, procedures, systems, and tools related to Supply Chain activities. Can you see yourself overseeing programs within Supply Chain? Does the idea of working on Supply Chain Programs interest you? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
What will you be doing!
- Managing contribution to business planning, and oversight of deliverables inside of Annual Plans of Work and Budget APWB as well commitments Performance
- Evaluation and Measurement Plan (PEMP) including drafting the plans, amending them based on feedback, and other related activities.
- Managing supplier and relationship management activities including strategy development, individual relationship plan co-ordination and oversight. This involves the setup of the suppliers’ events, town hall meetings, act as an ombudsman, Vendor portal content updates, and monitoring the relationship plans for strategic suppliers.
- Oversight of Supply Chain process including Policies, Procedures, Codes and Standards, and applicable Federal and Provincial Legislation. This includes Supporting the management of the Management System documents including
- Drafting and approving documentation
- Ensuring publication of documentations
- Enlisting assistance in creation of documentation via internal or 3rd party to support
- Responsible for the maintenance and definition of the operating architecture (Hardware/Software) for all functional areas above; e.g.: managing accesses to the tools, ensure continued support of such systems for operational needs, recommending upgrades and adoption of new tools to support the function, and facilitate the process for approval through the IT governance board.
- Resolving highly complex and/ or specialized professional issues within department/ sub-unit.
- Communicating/ providing advanced, highly complex analyses of information/ data to consult/ collaborate on client issues, with broad impact.
- Providing significant input/ may authoritatively recommend solutions/approaches.
- Addressing escalated issues from lower levels; supports lower levels in issue resolution.
- Escalating highly complex/ highly specialized issues to higher levels with recommendation.
- Ensuring understanding and compliance of direct reports with all aspects of team/ project budgets based on all areas of responsibility.
- Making authoritative recommendations on expenditures for own area.
- Developing and submits department budgets for approval.
- Providing input into the overall portfolio strategy.
- Providing input into elements of strategic CNL plans based on own expertise.
- Translating the portfolio’s strategy into tactical plans for the department
What we are looking for:
- A University Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Law and/or Economics; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SCMAO, CSCMP or equivalent designations are considered assets
- 10+ years of progressively experience in contracting, procurement and supply chain management, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a senior or lead contracting/negotiating capacity in similar industry.
- Experience in setting direction for the implementation and management of Strategic Sourcing and Category Management Strategies across a diverse portfolio of procurement activities.
- Experience in developing related Policies, management system documents, processes improvements, standards, and work instructions.
- Experience in conflict management and Supplier risk and relationship management.
- Developing collaborative long term strategic agreements and relationships.
- Demonstration of managing and working within high performing integrated program or project teams.
- Working in a Nuclear or Regulated environment is preferential.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, along with the proven ability to mediate and negotiate well.
- Excellent business judgement and savvy with a proven ability to make decisions under pressure that are of high consequence to risk, performance, and budget.
- Demonstrated management skills and experience including resource management, budgeting, planning and reporting, team building and relationship management.
- Strong business ethics and process orientation
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of procure to pay lifecycle, commercial contracts, agreements and terms and conditions, competitive bidding laws of Canada, and Contract Law.
- Understanding of the Legal system, and how contracts are executed and issues resolvedSecurity clearance eligibility required:
Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We're reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
- Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
- benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
- tuition support
- and a pension!
CNL works with employees across Canada to enable a remote workforce where possible. Our Work from Home employees are provided with the equipment required to be successful: laptop, monitor, external etc. Of course, we always love a visit to site when possible!
CNL is Canada's premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence, which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please inform the Talent Acquisition Specialist with whom you are in contact. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
The Chalk River Laboratories site is located on the unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe people. As an organization, CNL recognizes and appreciates their historic connection to this place. CNL also recognizes the contributions that First Nations, Métis, Inuit and other Indigenous Peoples have made, both in shaping and strengthening this community in particular, and this province and country as a whole.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: Remote