THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE
Proveo LP (formerly Smogbuster & Impact Safety), is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of HSE Field Advisor (Intermediate-Senior/Full Time) to join our organization.
We are looking for a dynamic, pro-active and passionate safety professional to provide direct administrative and field support to our Operations Group.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found. Candidates, wishing to engage in a contractor relationship, may be considered. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working with our team.
As part of Proveo’s Shared Services team, you will report to the Director of Shared Services. This position is based out of Edmonton and will work closely with our Operations Group to provide HSE Management Systems and Program support to all workers with respect to corporate and client safety policies, practices, procedures, and legislative requirements. Some of the key components will include (but not be limited to):
- Be available as a HSE resource for Company and Client supervision and workforce. Provide field response to any incident/urgent situations as required
- Work with employees, supervisors and management to identify and mitigate potential hazards.
- Encourages and promotes a safe work culture with a positive attitude and team approach.
- Provide mentoring to workers and leaders in maintaining safe work habits and practices.
- Responsible for keeping all HSE-related files up to date and archived
- Support Human & Organizational Performance program initiatives and activities
- Perform daily safe work observations & inspections. Investigate and assist in resolving concerns related to Health & Safety
- Lead/assist in the development of hazard assessments, safe work practices, and incident investigation action plans.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current OH&S legislation, Provincial laws as well as corporate/client policies and procedures.
- Participate and contribute with ongoing procedural, policy and other documentation development and updates as required.
- Ability to commit to travel to/between various worksites as required
- Other duties as required and identified
- 4-6+ years experience in an HSE role (escalating responsibility for HSE program), supporting operation groups engaged in Oilsands, Energy or industrial/large scale construction environment (skilled trades)
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) certification required (may consider relevant experience, coupled with OHS Certificate)
- Valid Class 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 Provincial Driver’s license (clean abstract or with limited demerit events)
- Demonstrable experience with WCB claim management
- Experience with compliance maintenance to various vendor networks (ISNetworld, ComplyWorks and Avetta)
- Strong knowledge base of provincial OH&S legislation
- Strong verbal and written (English) communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and listening skills
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation – coupled with requisite field experience – is an asset.
- HSE Management software (Workhub®, Intelex®, Optic®) is preferred
- Position based out of our Edmonton office (East Edmonton)
- Ability to traverse uneven ground, stairs and work in varying field conditions (heat/cold extremes, dimly lit areas, office environments, relocatable office trailers, etc).
- Physically able to maintain Fit Testing/APR standards and other bona fide occupational requirements to the position
Interested candidates may apply by email: [email protected]
Proveo (formerly Impact Safety Solutions and SmogBuster) has set about to transform this industry via technology and offer a new consolidated service offering, Confined Space Management.
With the largest North American fleet of Remote Confined Space Monitoring (RCSM) and industrial ventilation, we are able to replace conventional safety personnel required near the workface and monitor the space remotely, in a safer and more effective manner.
We are the Canadian leader in Remote Confined Space Monitoring (RCSM). We offer an innovative technology that is transforming how confined spaces are monitored by increasing safety and efficiency while reducing cost. Our company prides itself on employing trustworthy, honest and adaptable people who are committed to our vision of putting RCSM on every confined space in Canada. With locations across Canada we are passionate about employing local staff to drive this industry transformation.