Founded in 1956, BPA is a consulting engineering firm that specializes in buildings for institutional, commercial, multi-unit residential, and industrial markets. With a Canada-wide presence, we offer our clients expertise in mechanical and structural engineering, electricity and power, sustainable development and energy efficiency, telecommunications, security, building automation, acoustics, food service, and commissioning.
Motivated by our values of integrity, excellence, accomplishment, and passion, we will fully accomplish our mission: To build a sustainable future.
Your main responsibilities
- Provide leadership in health and safety, building commitment, collaboration and promoting best practices
- Promote awareness of health, safety and environmental requirements and values
- Set annual health and safety objectives and monitor progress
- Monitor health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable legislative requirements (across Canada)
- Ensure that best practices are maintained in accordance with the introduction of new or amended legislation and/or directives
- Responsible for the OHS component of our clients’ compliance audits
- Maintain a Health, Safety and Environment system with associated functions, documentation and committees
- Ensure that the necessary processes and procedures for the Health and Safety Management System are established, implemented and maintained
- Manage OHS suppliers (Mutual, training, PPE) and coordinate various OHS activities.
- Maintain all related policies and procedures
- Analyze and produce OHS related reports
- Review accident and incident statistics, identify trends and recommend preventive and corrective actions
- Chair H&S meetings as required
- Identify OHS training needs, co-develop content and facilitate training activities
- Degree in Health and Safety or equivalent
- 7 years experience in the development, implementation and audit of an OHS management system
- Experience in accident investigation and workplace inspection
- Experience in the development and implementation of OHS programs (Quebec and other Canadian provinces)
- Experience in internal audit and training
- In-depth knowledge of the various applicable OHS laws and regulations
- Mastery of computer applications
- Autonomous, judgmental, rigorous, proactive and strong team player
A career at BPA means:
- A dynamic environment that promotes teamwork, knowledge sharing, and technological innovation
- Training and professional development under the umbrella of our entity UniversiT
- A 37.5 hour work week, with flexible hours and the possibility of finishing at noon on Fridays
- A hybrid working remotely policy
- Competitive total compensation
- Group insurance including an EAP and telemedicine
- Employer contribution to a retirement savings plan
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees
- Recognized overtime (banked or paid hours)
- Social activities and employee discounts
We adhere to the principles of employment equity and uphold the AODA. We encourage women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodations can be made upon request for individuals involved in the selection process.
Thank you for your interest. Only selected candidates will be contacted by the Talent team.
For the purposes of inclusivity and simplicity, the third-person pronoun “they” may be used to refer to an individual person. If there is any specific mention of gender in a general context, it should be construed to include any gender.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $84,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person