Let us welcome you to Optima Living.
Optima Living—founded in 2007—owns and operates innovative seniors’ living communities throughout Alberta and BC, taking an unprecedented approach to senior life. Our unique company culture is one where both residents and team members are family.
Optima Living’s North Star, Let us welcome you home, speaks to our underlying principles and the experience seniors discover in our communities. When residents are home, they feel safe, respected, and welcome. Home is where one’s voice is heard, their views matter, and they have freedom of choice.
Optima Living’s mission, vision, and values—respect, dignity, teamwork, and doing the right thing—support and build upon our North Star. Optima Living operates over 2,200 beds providing congregate living options for seniors. These options range from subsidized to luxury, Independent to Assisted Living, Long-term Care to Memory Care, and Residential Mental Health.
As the Food Services Manager, you are responsible for the well-being of our residents through the preparation and delivery of home-cooked meals, as well as supervision for the food services team. This position reports to the General Manager.
Do you have the following experience & skills? If Yes, then you’re the one!
Food Safe Certification
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with restaurant or home-cooking.
Strong background in food services in a residential care setting or hotel.
Leadership experience in food services is required.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with peers, residents, visitors, and operational partners.
Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle fast paced environment.
Comprehensive food services knowledge, including focus on quality, production, sanitation, and presentation.
Superior oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Team Leading & Engagement
Provides coaching & mentoring.
Conducts performance evaluations.
Promotes team building and engagement.
- Manage and meet the financial commitments in the unit budgets.
Administration & Compliances
Recruitment of new team members as needed, including skill-based interviews.
- Preparing staff schedule.
Completion of bi-weekly payroll for culinary department.
- Maintains provincial compliance standards to ensure successful inspections.
- Ensure OH and S and WHMIS policies and procedures are maintained.
- Ensure the environment is safe and sanitary for staff and residents; makes efforts to reduce safety hazards, accidents, and injuries where possible.
- Interact with residents to resolve inquiries in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
Food Services Operations & Inventory Management
Order and receive food services items.
- Menu planning and production
Hands on position assisting cooks with food preparation and cooking as required.
- Cook quality, home-style meals while considering dietary restrictions when required.
- Store food in designated areas following all food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensure proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Monitor inventory and deliveries of products and supplies.
Other duties as assigned to support operational requirements.
Benefits of working with Optima Living:
- Truly awesome teammates
Welcoming and supportive work environment
All the usual perks:
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Paid time off
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance program
- Vision care
Conditions of Employment
Clear Police Information Check
Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
COVID-19 vaccination proof. This requirement may be waived if you have received an exemption through the provincial government.