Delco Security is growing, and we are looking to build our Ontario team! We are currently hiring for the position of Senior Security Systems Specialist in Ottawa.
Delco Perks & Benefits
- Retirement Support: We provide every full-time permanent employee with RRSP matching for their long term plans.
- Health & Wellness: Staying healthy is important; we provide health, dental, life, and disability insurance, along with our employee assistance program.
- Development Opportunities: We value our employee career development by offering professional support, training reimbursement program, Lunch n' Learns, etc.
- Social: We enjoy getting together at various company events.
- Culture: Come join our innovative, collaborative, and energetic environment.
- Flexibility: We try to accommodate real-life as much as possible and know that work is just a part of our daily lives.
- Lead various projects to completion under the Project Manager.
- Installation and service of IP based and analog CCTV (Genetec, Milestone, Avigilon).
- Installation and service of Access Control systems (CCURE, Kantech, Genetec, Avigilon).
- Installation and service of Nurse Call systems (Ascom).
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Review and interpret electrical drawings.
- General housekeeping of work area.
- Compliance of Delco Security Health and Safety program.
- Documentation of “As Built” changes to installation design.
- Use the Delco Nucleus application time sheet module (training provided).
- Out-of-town travel.
- High school diploma
- Security Systems Technician (TQ) preferred
- 5 years of experience installing emergency communications/security systems such as CCTV and access systems.
- RCMP Reliability Clearance or eligible to obtain clearance.
- Have a valid driver’s license and valid BC security license.
- Ability to work independently as well in a group environment.
- Strong computer and networking skills required as well as strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working in correctional and law enforcement environments.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Electronics, Networking, and/or Programming certification from an accredited organization.
Delco Security, a division of Delco Automation Inc., is a premiere integrator of security, life-safety, and information systems. As a Canadian company, we are proud to service customers from offices across Canada, focusing on medium to large-scale projects. We take an extremely flexible approach with our ability to build on existing solutions and custom design new solutions to fit our customers’ needs. Our main goal is to deliver a straightforward system integration experience while making our client’ needs a harmonized reality.
Delco Security is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require assistance or accommodation with your application, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$55.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to provide proof of double COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 tests weekly.
- Are you comfortable travelling frequently for this position?
- emergency communications/security systems: 5 years (preferred)
- CCTV: 5 years (preferred)
- driver's license (required)
Work Location: On the road