Job Title: Packaging and Production Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time - Seasonal Christmas Position
Master Chocolat is a renowned chocolatier celebrated for its commitment to creating exceptional artisanal chocolates and confections. Led by Master Chocolatier, Bernard Callebaut, we take pride in producing high-quality chocolate products that provide moments of delight for our customers.
As a Packaging and Production Assistant at Master Chocolat, you will have a multifaceted role in the chocolate-making process. You will assist in both the packaging of finished products and the production of chocolates and confections. Your contributions will ensure the quality, presentation, and timely delivery of our exquisite chocolate creations.
This position is mainly de-molding chocolate to assist the chocolate-makers and ensure efficiencies to continue to produce.
Packaging Preparation: Prepare packaging materials such as boxes, ribbons, labels, and other necessary supplies for the packaging process.
Quality Control: Inspect chocolates and confections for quality and consistency before packaging, ensuring they meet our high standards for appearance and taste.
Packaging: Carefully and artfully package chocolates and confections according to established guidelines, ensuring each product is beautifully presented and protected.
Labeling: Apply labels to packages accurately, including branding details, ingredients, best before date, pricing, and branding details.
Inventory Management:Monitor packaging material levels and inform supervisors when supplies need to be reordered.
Cleanliness and Sanitation:Maintain a clean and organized packaging area, following strict hygiene and sanitation protocols to ensure food safety.
Assist in Chocolate Production: Support the production team in various aspects of chocolate and confection creation, including ingredient preparation, tempering, molding, and decorating.
Production Assistance: Assist in the assembly and finishing of chocolate products, following established recipes and production procedures.
Quality Control: Monitor the quality of chocolate products throughout the production process, reporting any inconsistencies or defects to the production team.
Efficiency: Work efficiently to meet production and packaging deadlines while maintaining the quality and presentation of our products.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining packaging and production quality.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to follow guidelines.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in a packaging or production role in a food-related or artisanal environment is a plus.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement within the packaging and production teams.
- Employee discounts on our artisanal chocolate products.
- An engaging and creative work environment where you contribute to the presentation and creation of our chocolates.
If you have a passion for ensuring that every piece of chocolate and confection is a work of art in both packaging and production, we invite you to join our team at Master Chocolat as a Packaging and Production Assistant. Apply today and be a part of creating and presenting chocolate products that bring joy to our customers.
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
Contract length: 2 months
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2V 2H1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-18