Outside Sales, Parts & Service (PSSR)
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
TYPE: Full-Time; Monday-Friday
The Outside Sales, Parts and Service Support Representative (PSSR) is responsible for driving parts sales growth and providing exceptional customer support within the territory. Typical activities will include calling/ visiting customers, prospecting new customers and developing strong relationships, preparing estimates, providing product demonstrations and acting as a solutions-provider to customers.
Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, Sales, a related program OR equivalent experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check
- 3+ years’ experience in a Customer Service Representative role or a related position
- Experience using MS Office Suite, with a focus on Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Experience analyzing current sales and forecasting future sales
- Experience developing sales strategies
- Previous exposure to a heavy equipment work environment is preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Strong understanding of sales processes
- Self-motivated, results orientated and motivated to exceed targets
- Ability to plan and execute assignments with general guidelines and work independently
Service existing accounts and ensure effective and continuous customer communication/ interaction
- Prospect and assess territory for potential new customers
- Promote and sell represented product lines throughout the territory
- Prepare quotations for customers, follow up on sales and process orders
- Organize parts delivery (and deliver when required)
- Support credit control by tracking and collecting customer receivables
- Acquire and update customer information to ensure up to date customer database
- Establish a visit plan and schedule weekly
- Conduct regular visits to customers’ job site/ field to inspect machines/ fleets and leverage parts sales opportunities by offering reliable solutions to customers’ requirement
- Promote promotional products and campaigns
- Determine customer needs through communicating available service or products, listen to customer concerns, and develop a service solution to best serve the customer
- Remain knowledgeable of company’s products, market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Analyze current sales, determine additional areas for potential sales, develop strategies to acquire those sales
- Produce territory analysis reports on applicable market
- Conduct daily/ weekly prospecting parts calls
- Log all calls and communications with customers to allow for seamless customer support
- Develop and present parts packages to customers
- Proactively seek opportunities for new sales growth
- Increase year over year part sales growth, parts gross margin and diversification in product and customer base
- Collaborate with Sales and Service departments to ensure effective and seamless customer support within the territory for overall JJE solutions
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work in compliance with the appropriate safety legislation/regulations/safety policies
- Report any known workplace hazard or safety violations
- Cooperate with their workplace’s Safety Committee or health and safety representative
- Use any safety equipment, protective devices or clothing required
- Do not remove or make ineffective any protective device required by the Company or by the regulations.
- Warehouses, factories, construction site environments
- PSSR will be travelling between JJE branch and clients, visiting warehouses, factories and worksites
Frequently required to lift and move moderately heavy objects
- Frequently standing and walking
WHY WORK AT JJE?
Talented, dedicated and passionate team to work with
- Exceptional best-in-class products and service offerings for our customers
- Market-competitive compensation package with annual increase opportunities
- Robust Group Benefits that are 100% paid for by the Company – inclusive of Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Travel coverage
- Paid Personal Days
- Charitable Giving Program
- Educational Scholarship Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer Matching Retirement Savings Plan
- Federally recognized as a certified Employment Equity organization
- Member of multiple provincial safety programs and COR certified
- Our Core People Values: Leadership, Customer Excellence, Integrity, Inspiration, Teamwork, Innovation and Ambition
WHO WE ARE:
As the leading distributor of public works equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment (JJE) provides mobile infrastructure-maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the US. Through our branch network, we sell, rent, lease, service and support vacuum trucks, refuse & recycling collection vehicles, street sweepers, sewer cleaners, and inspection cameras.
JJE is a leading manufacturer of code vacuum equipment under the Westech Vac Systems brand. JJE and Westech also share a sense of pride in our work, our employees’ development and success, and building exceptional lifetime relationships with our customers.
JJE is a dynamic and growing organization, focused on maintaining an “employer of choice” culture. We have a stable, team-based, and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry. We offer opportunities across Canada and the U.S. and are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees. JJE provides very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
JJE is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, then we at Joe Johnson Equipment welcome your application. We encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.