Mackay Communications, Inc., dba Mackay Marine, is a global marine electronics service company with over 400 employees and 45 service depots in sixteen (16) countries, including the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced marine navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial shipping and fishing vessels, yachts, and pleasure craft. We sustain our industry-leading position through strong technical talent, investing in continuous factory training, and by providing all the parts, equipment, technical assistance, and administrative support needed. In addition, Mackay offers competitive salaries, exceptional benefits, and opportunities for advancement based on merit.
Mackay is currently seeking an experienced Marine Service Technician (MST) for our Quebec location. Individuals who have the skills, qualifications, and experience listed below are encouraged to apply. Ability to communicate in English is required.
Marine Service Technician (MST) Job Summary:
Under limited supervision, Marine Service Technicians (MST) installs, services, and repairs marine electronic equipment onboard ships, vessels, and pleasure craft. MSTs test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, PCBs, sub-assemblies, antennas as well as, load, update, and modify software. MSTs utilize their knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems and make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completion of each service job, technicians compose and submit a detailed service report.
Types of equipment serviced:
- HF and VHF Radios
Marine Service Technician (MST) Requirements:
- 3 Years’ experience as a Marine Service Technician in commercial shipping and/or fishing industry.
- Associates degree (two years of college) in the Electronics field or equivalent training and experience.
- Possess strong knowledge of electronics theory and application.
- GMDSS Radio Operator License with radar endorsement is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Be physically fit. Work environment often involves carrying up to 50 lbs., climbing ladders and masts, and exposure to weather.
- Must be proficient in English (speak, read, and write).
- Overtime work and travel may be required due to location of job and for training courses.
Mackay offers a competitive salary, overtime, paid time off, company paid insurance, and 6% employer match on DCPP plan.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer and a veterans-friendly organization who encourages all individuals with the above qualifications to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship and pass a thorough background check.
No phone calls please!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.00-$40.00 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Quebec City, QC G2E 5L1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to work overtime with or without advance notice?
- MST in commercial shipping and/or fishing industry: 3 years (required)
- French (required)
- English (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Quebec City, QC G2E 5L1