We want you to join our team! A place you can hang your hat and call home. We value the power of diversity and inclusion! With a Mission to build and operate person-directed communities, we value individuality, dignity, knowledge, and hospitality.
The role of Health Care Aide will be serving the community of CARE HUMAN SERVICES in GRIMSHAW, ALBERTA. The Health Care Aide is responsible for ensuring top resident care is priority, with a high level of focus in time management.
20 minutes east of Peace River in the Mighty Peace Region, Grimshaw has a variety of destinations with numerous activities for all ages and interests including outdoor, indoor, fitness, relaxation, camping, fast-paced and general experiences. In 2020, Statistics Canada rated the cost of living in Grimshaw as an A+. Overall, 16% less than the national average and housing is 64% less than the national average.
We are seeking candidates interested in:
Full time days (1)
Full time evenings (1)
Skills and key deliverables that will take you further:
- Strong team player that has exceptional and patient leadership skills
- Coordinate various business activities within the vision, objectives, and philosophy of Connecting Care
- Passionate personal commitment to Person Directed Care approaches
- Assists the Resident with personal care as authorized by the Homecare Nurse
- Provides medication assistance to the Residents, according to current Well-Being Strategies
- Strives to attain excellence in Resident, family member and Employee Care Partner satisfaction
- Friendly with a sense of humor and the utmost respect and care for all persons
- Supports the Resident’s lifestyle in a community environment in accordance with the Resident’s individualized Care Plan
- Knowledge of supportive living services, assessment, and care planning
- Maintain ongoing compliance with applicable provincial and federal regulatory standards
- Demonstrates remarkable relationship building with Residents, family members, internal and external care partners to ensure the vibrancy of our community
- Flexible, willingness to prioritize and re-adjust routines, open to change for the benefit of the community
- Strong organizational, communication, and time and resource management skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills, deal effectively with difficult or crisis situations
- Ongoing monitoring and continuous quality improvement
- Initiative-taking with accident and injury prevention, adherence to health and safety work practices within community
- Participates in ongoing educational programs
- Complete general light housekeeping, laundry and dining room duties as directed
- Maintain and adhere to confidentiality, professionalism of community, and accountability of all care partners
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from:
- Must be a graduate of a recognized Health Care Aide program and registered in the Alberta HCA Directory
- Must hold valid certification in First Aid and CPR
- Obtain prior to employment, a clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
Why Join Our Team?
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- We provide an approach to care that supports the WHOLE person, that upholds their right to a life full of purpose, connection, empowerment, and possibility.
- Read more about our philosophy https://www.edenalt.org/
- Life, Health & Dental benefits (All permanent employees with 24 hours+ qualify for benefits & RRSP)
- Health Spending Account
- RRSP program with employer maximum % matching
- Looking for a happy corporate culture! The term staff is not used here, we are Employee Care Partners!
Thank you for applying only successful candidates will be contacted.