A- Resident Care
· Provides assistance to residents in activities of daily living such as bathing, and bowel care.
· Assists residents at meal time including tray set-ups, feeding and supervision of residents. Verifies individual diet guidelines are followed.
· Responds to residents call bells.
· Monitors residents’ food, fiber and fluid intake.
· Prepares and distributes resident snacks.
· Assists residents with mobilization, range of motion and exercises.
· Transfers and positions residents using proper body mechanics and equipment, such as mechanical lifts and transfer belts.
· Transports residents to and from in-house activities, such as meals and pastoral events.
· Obtains and records resident weight.
· Provides incontinent care, basic catheter and ostomy care.
· Collects specimens such as sputum, urine and stools.
· Provides post mortem care.
· Communicates with residents, families, team members and health care professionals and\or other departments within the nursing home concerning resident’s needs.
· Participates in meetings such as multidisciplinary team and quality program, by providing information and ensuring follow-up of recommendations.
· Performs the following in collaboration with Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse:
- Applies simple dressings, creams and ointments.
- Provides palliative care to the residents and support to the families.
- Monitors, documents and reports changes in residents health, condition and/or behaviour.
- Evaluates and maintains resident safety needs.
B- Other Duties
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 15-37.5 per week
Salary: $24.99-$26.91 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
All employees are required to wear a mask and follow COVID - 19 precautions
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- NBCC or Eastern College certificate or equivalent (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location