CARTE International Inc. is a Winnipeg company that is a major manufacturer and supplier of high-quality transformers to the Canadian and USA markets. We provide excellent customer service, and the overall excellence of our dedicated team is one of the major reasons for Carte’s success.
Carte is currently looking for a dedicated Purchasing Agent to join and support our Procurement team. As a member of the team, you will be responsible to critically assess suppliers, products and services and negotiate the best possible deals. You are a team-oriented individual with strong communication skills who has the ability to collaborate across departments.
- Build strategic supplier partnerships while maintaining positive vendor relations
- Communicate with vendors to obtain product information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Issue purchase orders for required goods and services in a timely manner; follow purchase order procedures to ensure accurate information.
- Follow-up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Report any late shipments affecting production as soon as possible.
- Manage or maintain optimal inventory levels and quantities to ensure timely availability of products.
- Maintain records of purchases and requisitions using ERP system.
- Arrange for transportation and/or storage of purchased products.
- Implement corrective action on any defective or unacceptable goods with vendors
- Confirm details of delivery according to scheduled times and commitment dates.
- Liaise with cross functional teams such as suppliers, production supervisors/managers, order processing, sales, and customer service to ensure goods are available to meet production requirements on time.
- Identify and implement cost savings
- 3-5 years’ progressive experience in purchasing, preferably in manufacturing.
- Familiar with standard procurement concepts, best practices and techniques.
- Post -Secondary Education with a professional designation from a recognized purchasing Association is an asset CSCMP (Certified Supply Chain Management Professional).
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- High attention to detail with strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding, and oral/written communication skills.
- Experience with warehouse procedures and techniques
- Experience with Lean Principles, Continuous Improvement, KanBan Methodologies
- Experience with Logistics and Expediting
- Possess successful negotiation skills
- Dynamic, Initiative, enthusiasm, positive attitude, adaptable, and open minded.
- Strong communication skills.
- Honesty in all negotiations and all interaction with others.
- A sense of urgency.
- Team player, ability to make a positive contribution.
- Analytical skills: problem solving, big picture vs. small picture, creativity.
- Experience in word processing and spreadsheet applications is desired.
For more information, please visit www.carte.ca. To explore this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications to:
Carte International Inc.
Attention: Human Resource Department
1995 Logan Avenue, Winnipeg MB R2R 0H8
Email: careers @ carte.ca
Closing date: September 4, 2023
Carte is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a long-serving workforce that includes diverse cultural backgrounds and encourages resumes from all qualified individuals. Preference will be given to candidates who most closely meet the knowledge, skills, and qualifications outlined. Please note this position is available to Canadian citizens, permanent residents or those with valid, open work permits only. We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.